Before we begin
Did you take a photo of a document and need to send it as a PDF file? With your iPhone, it is easy to convert image to PDF. You just need to learn how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone. For PDF scanning and editing, you could try the Scanner App – PDF Editor app.
You may use the native apps on your iPhone to convert photos to PDF files. These applications, however, do not allow you to make any changes to the PDF files. Here we will discuss the 4 best ways to convert a picture to pdf on an iPhone, and they are:
- Create PDF from images with the PDF Scanner app.
- Save photo as PDF with the iPhone Books app.
- Convert images to PDF using the Print method from the iPhone Photos app.
- Save image as PDF using the iPhone Files app.
Learn how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone with the PDF Scanner app
Though your iPhone offers multiple ways to convert images to PDF, the process is not that straightforward. Other than copy, rename, and share, there is nothing else you can do with your PDF file.
Suppose you need to send multiple pages from a file as a mail to your client or boss. You could take pictures of those pages and convert them to PDFs. However, you’ll still be sending them multiple PDF pages instead of a single PDF file. So, in that case, a PDF merger tool comes in handy.
Want to find out how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone? Install the Scanner App – PDF Editor for free to convert photos to PDF, combine multiple PDF pages, and many more.
Similarly, if you want to edit your PDF file or add an electronic signature, you would need a PDF editor tool. The PDF Scanner app is a comprehensive application with PDF converter, merger, and editor tools all packed in one.
There are numerous PDF scanners, editors, or converter apps available on the App Store. However, none of them is as excellent as the PDF Scanner app. Read this blog to find out why the PDF Scanner app is ranked first as the best document scanner app for iPhone in 2021.
Here’s how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone with the PDF Scanner app:
- Launch the PDF Scanner app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the main page, tap the Plus + button.
- You can select Scan with Camera to take pictures with your iPhone camera or choose images from your Camera Roll. Also, you could download photos from Google Drive, Dropbox, WiFi Sync, or iCloud by tapping on Import from Cloud.
- If you’ve selected your image from your camera, tap on Save to convert to PDF. However, if you’ve imported your picture, it is automatically saved as a PDF on your app.
- You can now edit or share your converted PDF file from the main page.
Here’s how to combine PDF files on your iPhone with the PDF Scanner app:
- Open the PDF Scanner app.
- Tap on SELECT on the main page.
- Choose the PDF pages that you wish to combine and tap MERGE.
Here’s how to edit a PDF file on your iPhone with the PDF Scanner app:
- Launch the PDF Scanner app.
- Select the PDF file from the main page that you want to edit.
- Then, touch on the Options icon from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- A taskbar with editing tools for PDF such as ROTATE, OCR, SIGNATURE, CROP, and FILTER appears. Select the tool(s) that you wish to perform on your PDF.
- Once your editing action is completed on your PDF file, tap on Done from the top-right corner of your screen.
Find out how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone by sharing with Apple Books app
The Books app is a free e-book reading and store app released by Apple. With the help of the Books app, you could easily turn any images into PDF on your iPhone. For this process to work, your picture needs to be saved in the Photos app.
Follow the steps below to find how to save a picture to PDF with the help of the Books app:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Touch and hold the image you’d want to convert to PDF and tap Share.
- Then choose the Books app from the share sheet menu.
- This will automatically save any JPG, PNG, or other image files into PDF.
For converting multiple pictures into PDF, go to the Photos app, and tap Select. Then choose all the images that you wish to convert and click the Share icon. After that, you may select the Books app from the share menu. This will automatically save your photos into PDF files.
Learn how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone using the printer options
This method also requires you to use the Print option on the Photos app. However, it doesn’t need you to actually print anything. Instead, you have to perform a zoom-in gesture while on the print option. This action surprisingly will convert your pictures to PDF format.
Here’s how to convert an image to PDF on your iPhone using the Photos app:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select the image you’d want to convert to PDF and tap Share.
- On the Share sheet menu, tap on Print.
- On the Printer Options, perform a zoom-in gesture on your selected photos. This action will promptly convert the picture into PDF format.
- Finally, tap on the Share icon to save your PDF on the Files app.
Find out how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone with the Files app
The Files app is a native app on your iPhone that also allows you to turn any picture into PDF. You can move photos from other apps like Photos or download them from the cloud and save them in the Files app. Then you can touch and hold at an image in the Files app and tap on Create PDF.
Here’s how to create a PDF file from a picture from the Photos app:
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the image that you want to be converted and tap Share.
- Scroll down and tap on Save to Files and choose the folder where you want to save your file.
- Then launch the Files app on your iPhone and locate your picture.
- Touch and hold your image and tap on Create PDF.
However, if you’re trying to convert multiple photos into PDF, select your images from the Files app. Then, at the bottom-right of the screen, click the three dots icon and tap on Create PDF.
If your need is only to convert pictures to PDF, then you have three different ways you could do so without the need for a third-party app. However, these methods, as discussed above does nothing more than convert. So if you want to edit, add an e-sign, merge multiple files with your PDFs, you would need an app for that. For that, the PDF Scanner app for iPhone is the best option out there.