Before we start
If you demand a safer browsing experience, then it’s time you learn how to encrypt internet connection on iPhone. To start having a more secure internet connection, the VPN app for iPhone is an ideal choice.
Encryption can be defined as the operation of encoding your data so that it can only be read by specific people or entities with permission. It scrambles your data using complicated mathematical techniques, making it hard for unauthorized parties to access your personal information.
As a result, only recipients who are eligible to access and utilize secret alphanumeric keys generated at random will be able to see the information you send. This is due to the encryption of data.
How to encrypt internet connection on iPhone with the VPN app
This VPN app converts your public internet connection into a standalone private network. Thus, allowing users to remain anonymous and enjoy hidden private internet access. VPN encrypts the internet service and data on your iPhone and masks your IP address. This effectively makes your online activity untraceable. Anyone who obtains your IP address has access to what you’ve been searching for on the net as well as your current location.
Because it uses an IP address that is not your own, a VPN (virtual private network) service helps you maintain your internet privacy and search the web anonymously. In addition, allowing you to be assured that your search history will not be collected, accessed, or sold is an added level of surety.
To get started on how to encrypt an internet connection, visit the App Store to download the VPN app.
How to encrypt internet connection on iPhone using the VPN app:
Step 1: Choose a server location from the list of worldwide servers
The VPN app contains a large number of servers located in various locations. Select your preferred server area to replace your current IP address with a new one. To update your iPhone’s IP address, follow these steps:
On your iPhone, open the VPN app.
- Tap See All on the main page.
- A new screen displays, with a list of all available servers; select the one you want.
Step 2: Allow the VPN app to make configurations.
When utilizing a VPN, the iPhone filters and monitors all network activity. A permission dialog box appears the first time you add a server location using the VPN program. So, tap Allow giving the VPN app permission to make modifications to your iPhone’s VPN configuration.
Then, to confirm your authorization, enter your iPhone Passcode. Once you’ve verified, your iPhone will connect to the server you’ve chosen automatically. Your IP address will now be hidden.
Why you should know how to encrypt internet connection on iPhone?
Because of the severe ongoing crisis regarding online privacy and security, there are a plethora of compelling reasons to encrypt online internet traffic.
The list below states a few of the most important:
- If you wish to shield your privacy from ISPs, marketers, or government agencies, you’ll need to encrypt your Internet traffic. Otherwise, your unencrypted data can be easily tracked.
- To track your online activities, your Internet Service Provider can scan unencrypted packets you send across the web (deep packet inspection). If your ISP believes you are wasting too much bandwidth while streaming or playing games, they will slow down your connection.
- Even if you’ve never done anything wrong online, Wi-Fi administrators, hotels, and other third parties will keep a bird’s eye view on what you’re doing if you don’t enable an encrypted connection. You can be protected from being spied on if you encrypt internet connection.
- The majority of messaging apps currently use end-to-end encryption techniques to protect users’ privacy. All exchanged communications are fully encrypted using a secure Instant Messaging service, ensuring that no third parties intercept the data. Both the sender and the receiver are given public and private keys, which allow them to decrypt the message quickly.
- An encrypted internet connection can keep you safe while using a public Wi-Fi network, prevent hackers, and keep your personal information from being sold or stolen.
It’s important that you are aware of the fact that a criminal lies beneath every rock; rather, we desire to raise awareness of the risk of personal data exposure that an iPhone entails. However, a VPN app can address this issue significantly. Your over-the-air data is reasonably harmless for general uses using a secure e-mail. However, the more you want to secure your personal information, the harder you’ll work until Apple releases an update or opens up the iPhone to allow more manageable, less annoying security.
If you feel that this article on how to encrypt internet connection on iPhone was helpful, indeed check out our blog on How to block a number on iPhone and many other informative write-ups to learn more app tips and tricks we share on Xlightmedia.