Apple’s iMovie is a video editing app that aims to make it convenient for users to easily produce their own distinctive and entertaining films. It’s packed with useful features, including music video creation and green-screen effects. On top o that, you can easily add music from YouTube and other sources with this app. So, if you are trying to learn how to add music from YouTube to iMovie, this is the place for you.
Explore how to add music from YouTube to iMovie | Create music videos easily
A background soundtrack typically makes any video more enjoyable. And adding music to a video on iPhone is very easy, thanks to iMovie. You can make your films more professional and different by adding background music.
If you are searching for the perfect background music for your video, YouTube is one of your best bets. After downloading YouTube videos, you can extract the audio from them. Then finally, you can easily add them to iMovie projects. As part of this guide, we’ll show you how to add music from YouTube to iMovie on iPhone and Mac.
Find out how to add music from YouTube to iMovie on iPhone
If you are wondering how to add songs to iMovie on iPhone, it’s a very straightforward process. You simply have to download the videos from YouTube. All you have to do is copy the video link and paste it on vidswatch.com. Using VidsWatch, you can download the audio only version of the file. After downloading, you have to extract the audio from the file. Later you can use the files on iMovie as background music easily.
Steps to add music from YouTube to iMovie on iPhone
- Find a music video from YouTube and copy the link.
- Then, go to vidswatch.com and paste that link to download the audio.
- After that, open iMovie on your iPhone and tap Movie to select the video file you want to add your music.
- Next, click on “Create Movie” and tap on the “+” icon to add elements to your video.
- Select Audio and locate your music file location. Choose the music you want to add.
- Finally, after adjusting the audio file, tap on “Done” and save the file.
Guide on how to add music from YouTube to iMovie on Mac
Adding music to iMovie on Mac is quite similar to iPhone process. First, you have to download the audio of the video file using vidswatch.com. After downloading, you can use the files as background to iMovie on Mac. The interface and functionality of iMovie on Mac are much more feature-rich and powerful compared to iPhone. For instance, you can adjust the music length and volume at your ease.
Steps to add background music to iMovie on Mac
- Open the iMovie app on your Mac and click on the Plus (+) icon.
- Next, choose the video file you will be adding music to the iMovie project.
- Then, locate the music file on your Mac and drag the file under the video. You will see a green bar appears.
- Finally, release the mouse click when a green “Add” icon appears.
Here we have thoroughly discussed how to add music from YouTube to iMovie on Mac and iPhone. If this was helpful, you could also check out how to make a GIF from YouTube videos or how to put slow motion effect on videos on iPhone.