iPhone users can add a title, subtitle, or caption using the free iMovie app. In addition, it also offers a wide range of effective video editing features. However, adding text might not seem straightforward. Therefore, how to add text to iMovie on iPhone and Mac might be the query you are looking for.
You need an app like iMovie that allows you to add text to a video if you want to present it or add voiceover. Besides adding text to videos, iMovie users can use text in photos or backgrounds. So, in this write-up, we’ll let you know how to add texts to iMovie on Mac and iPhone. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
Find out how to add text to iMovie on iPhone | Steps to follow
You can easily add a title, subtitle, or end credit to a video using iMovie on your iPhone. Adding text may be crucial if you want to translate a presentation at your convenience or convey your views. iMovie is also a top-notch piece of app for adding text to films.
Step-by-step process on how to add text to iMovie on iPhone
- First, launch iMovie on your iPhone.
- Select “Movie” from the “Start New Project” option.
- Then, select the video clip and Tap on “Create Movie.”
- After that, select the video timeline bar and Tap “T” at the bottom.
- Now, add text by tapping on “TITLE TEXT HERE” from the display preview.
- Finally, press “Done” to save.
How to change text color in iMovie on iPhone
- Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
- Find the video with the text and open it.
- Next, tap on the multi-color circle icon beside the “Aa” option.
- Here you will find three options: Grid, Spectrum, and Sliders.
- Now choose your text color from the available options.
- Finally, press “Done” to save the edited video.
Learn how to add text over a video in iMovie on Mac
Mac users know that iMovie enables them to edit their clips by adding text, photos, or backgrounds. Additionally, users can use a variety of effects to change text into subtitles, titles, and end sequences. You will have several features to add text to a movie if you’re using a Mac.
Steps on how to insert Text to a video in iMovie on Mac
- Launch iMovie on Mac.
- Import or drag the video from My Media.
- Select “Titles” from the menu on top.
- Double-click on the “TITLE TEXT HERE” from the display previews.
- A preview of the selected design will show on the right.
- Export your project when you are finished.
How to add multiple text boxes or text overlay in iMovie
By choosing the Split Clip, you may add more titles to a lengthy clip. First, open the video to which you wish to add multiple texts. Select Split after tapping the Split icon. After splitting the video, hit “T” to add multiple texts. Keep repeating the process to add several text boxes to your videos.
We suggest you use the most recent iMovie version to get all the process done accurately. The process of adding text to a film may appear complex at first, but once you start using it, things will be really simple for you.
Because of its versatility, iMovie is well-suited for easily adding text to any film requiring captions, titles, subtitles, or credits. Following the instructions above, you can easily insert text to a video in iMovie.
Now you know how to add text to video in iMovie. Read more on how to edit videos on iPhone or the best video editor apps on iPhone.