You can snap amazing photos with your iPhone camera. However, we all know that not all pictures taken are fully perfect. There might be someone or something photobombing the background of your photo. Or, you’d want to hide sensitive information from your images. So, for this, you need to learn how to blur a picture on iPhone.
There are a few ways to blur the background in pictures using your iPhone’s native Photos app. However, for better results, you can try a third-party photo blurring app. Here we’ll discuss in-depth the step-by-step process on how to blur a photo on iPhone.
- How to blur photos on iPhone with the Blur Photo Editor app
- How to blur background in pictures on iPhone using the Photos app
How to blur a picture on iPhone with the Blur Photo Editor app
A third-party blur photo background app can easily hide parts of a picture and achieve the perfect bokeh effect. Whereas, with your iPhone’s default blurring options, you only have a bokeh effect for only portrait images. So, you need the Blur Photo app if you want to learn how to blur out part of a picture and blur the background of your photo.
Want to know the best way on how to blur a picture on iPhone? Install the Blur Photo Editor app for your iPhone from the App Store.
Though the App Store offers several blurred photo editor apps, not all of them are worth your time. However, the Blur Photo Editor is one of the best blurred photo apps for your iPhone. It has multiple blurring effects including normal blur, pixelate, glassy, Hexa pixel, and many more.
Steps on how to blur a picture on iPhone with the Blur Photo Editor app:
- Launch the Blur Photo Editor app.
- From the opening screen, choose the photo you’d want to blur from your Camera Roll.
- On the editing screen, tap on the Blur tab to apply your blurring effects to parts of your picture.
- Or, tap on the Shutter tab to blur the background of your photo by focusing on your subject.
- Also, you can tap the Filters tab to select the type of blur you’d want to apply. For example, normal blur, pixelate, Hexa pixel, etc.
- Once done, tap on the Right-side facing arrow at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then apply any photo filters to your picture if it is required.
- At last, touch on the Download symbol to save and share your photo.
How to blur a picture on iPhone with its Photos app
If you want to blur an image on your iPhone without using third-party apps, you can use the Photos app. Unfortunately, you can only blur photos that are taken in portrait mode with your iPhone camera. It also means that you need an iPhone that supports the Portrait mode. The models that support the portrait mode are iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 8 plus, and later models.
Here we’ve discussed two methods on how to blur the background of a photo taken in the Portrait mode. They are:
- Adjust Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting
Step-by-step guide on how to blur the background in your Portrait mode photos using the Depth Control slider
- Open the Photos app.
- Select any photo taken in the Portrait mode.
- Tap on Edit to make changes to your picture.
- Then tap on the ƒ or the Depth Adjustment symbol at the top of the screen.
- Drag the depth adjustment slider to the left to reduce the value of ƒ.
- Lowering the depth adjustment value will increase the background blur of your photo.
Steps on how to blur the background of a picture by applying Portrait lighting effects
- Launch the Photos app.
- Choose any image taken in the Portrait mode.
- Tap on Edit from the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Portrait Lighting Control symbol at the bottom of the photo.
- Then drag and choose a lighting effect that achieves the desired result.
- After that, drag the slider right or left to adjust the intensity of your lighting effect.
- Lastly, tap Done to save your picture.
A stunning image tells a lot about you; as we’ve often heard, a picture is worth a thousand words. A blurry background can make your photo even more striking. In addition, you can apply blur to hide something and someone from your image. A photo blurring app like the Blur Photo Editor in your pocket is a good tool to have.