Before we begin
The license plate of your vehicle is a sensitive thing to be shared on the internet. Since the ever-increasing use of social sites cannot be ignored, you need to know how to blur license plate in video before posting something private. There are a handful of ways, and the best method is to use a video blur app. Download the Blur Video Background app, and let’s check out how to hide license plates in videos right on your iPhone.
We all share photos or short videos with activities and stuff on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and whatnot. Therefore, showing off your car or filming yourself on a trip can be a common thing. Learning how to blur number plate in videos can come in really handy in this case. In the following, we’ll share two effective methods to blur number plates on iPhone.
How to Blur License Plate in Video on iPhone | Best 2 Ways
In this guide on how to blur license plate in video, we used two apps for iPhone. Using these methods, you’ll be able to blur the license plate of your vehicle even if it’s in motion. Let’s check them out without further delay.
- Blur license plate in video using the Blur Video Background app
- Blur license plate in video using the iMovie app
How to blur license plate in video on iPhone with the Blur Video app
Before we dive into the subject, you might wonder why blur license plates in the first place? Well for starters, identity theft. If your license plate is visible in photos or videos, it’s not difficult to track and compromise your security. To some extent, you can even be impersonated. On the other hand, hiding license plates online helps keep the privacy safe and be anonymous as well.
Wondering how to blur license plate in video on iPhone? Install the Blur Video Background app for free and find out!
The Blur Video Background app consists of fantastic blur tools to obscure anything in a video. So whether you want to know how to blur a face in a video or blur out moving objects like license plates, it’s got you covered. Along with blurring tools, the Video Keyframe is the most interesting tool of this app. It allows you to blur objects in motion in videos, which we’re going to use to blur out license plates.
Here’s how to blur a license plate in a video using Video Keyframe
- Install and launch the Blur Video Background app.
- Go to iPhone gallery to select the video you want to blur.
- Once the video is added to the app’s timeline, choose a blur shape. Preferably rectangle, since it’s a number plate.
- Then drag and place the blurred shape over your license plate. Resize if necessary.
- Next, drag the video timeline slowly. As soon as the license plate moves out of the rectangle due to motion, stop dragging.
- Tap on the Keyframe button. If the button turns red, it means the Video Keyframe is at work.
- Drag back the rectangle blur over the license plate.
- Then similarly as before, continue applying the blur by dragging the timeline steadily.
- Whenever the plate comes out of blur, stop, add Keyframe, and reposition the rectangle.
- Continue blurring the license plate following this process to the end of the video.
- Once it’s done, tap on the play button to check the video.
- Make corrections if necessary, like adjusting the blurring strength.
- When you’re ready, click on the export button at the top right corner.
- And choose an export resolution from SD to 4K.
- Save your video to Camera Roll or share directly to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Lets watch a tutorial on how to blur license plate in videos on iPhone
How to Blur Out License Plate in Video using the iMovie app
iMovie is Apple’s own video editing app that comes with a number of handy tools. Along with trimming, adjusting speed and volume, you can also add music to video, change filters, and so on. But let’s be honest, number plate blur is not as easy with iMovie. You can blur number plate with this app that is not moving in a video, at best. Without the video keyframe or similar feature like the Blur Video Background app, it’s harder to blur license plate in videos with cars in motion.
However, you can still try the iMovie’s technique to hide and generate blurred license plates of vehicles. Follow the guide below to discover how to blur license plate in video on your iPhone.
Steps on how to blur license plate on iPhone with iMovie
- First, download a blurry or dark image on your iPhone.
- Then launch the iMovie app and create a new project by touching the Plus (+) button.
- Choose the video with your car and create a New Movie.
- Then select the video timeline and tap on the Plus (+) icon.
- Next, select the blurry picture you downloaded.
- Touch the three dots icon on the picture and select the Picture in Picture option.
- Once you’ve added the picture to your project, select its timeline.
- Then tap the adjust icon and place the blurry image on the license plate.
- Resize and change filters if needed. Then drag the blurry picture timeline to the end of the video.
- Once all set, export and save the video to your iPhone.
Note that iMovie will blur a specific part of the video. If your license plate moves from the blurring area, it will eventually be revealed. In that case, we recommend using the Blur Video Background app.
How to blur out a license plate in a video on iPhone
Blurring out a license plate in a video on iPhone is simple. You can follow the above steps or follow the steps below.
- Open the blur video background app
- Select the video from the gallery
- Choose a rectangular blur shape and put it on the license plate
- Select the timeline
- Save the video
If you’re concerned about privacy in digital platforms, you should know how to blur license plate in the video, of all things. Censoring your movies before posting them on social sites makes online presence much safer and secure. Check out similar blogs on how to blur something in a video on iPhone and ensure digital security in life.