Have you ever had a great picture taken by your iPhone, but it got ruined because someone appeared in the background? Or did you want to post photos of your new car but hide its number plate? You’ll need to know how to censor a picture on iPhone for this. If you want to blur or hide something in an image securely, you need a photo blurring app.
Here we’ve discussed with great detail on how to make pictures blurry on iPhone via Blur Photo Editor. Alternatively, if you aren’t interested in using third-party apps, we’ve also discussed a method using the iPhone’s native Photos app.
- How to blur a photo on iPhone with the Blur Photo Editor app?
- How to blur something in a picture on iPhone using its Photos app?
How to censor a picture on iPhone using the Blur Photo Editor app
With each release, the iPhone camera has become more powerful than before. You can capture great quality pictures with an iPhone, which more or less renders a DSLR camera obsolete. However, not all photos that you snap with your iPhone camera come out perfect.
There are times when you have a picture with something or someone in the background that is unappealing. In that case, instead of deleting the picture and losing the moment forever, you could try blurring part of an image. So, learn how to blur out part of a picture on iPhone to easily hide any undesirable scenes.
Before continuing on to learn how to censor a picture on iPhone, first, try installing the Blur Photo Editor app for free from the App Store.
Though many photo editing apps are available on the App Store, you need an app that blurs pictures. Luckily, the Blur Photo Editor is one of the best apps to blur face on pictures for iPhone. It is a photo editor that specializes in blurring pictures.
With just a few simple steps, you can blur or pixelate sensitive parts from your images. So, if you’re wondering how to black out something in a picture on iPhone, think no longer! Try the Blur Photo Editor app.
Steps on how to censor a picture on iPhone with the Blur Photo Editor app:
- Open the Blur Photo Editor app.
- Choose the photo you’d want to blur from your Camera Roll.
- Tap on Brush to adjust the size of the circular blurring path.
- Tap on the blur filter button at the bottom of the screen to choose a different blurring effect. For example, pixelate, Hexa pixel, crystal, etc.
- Drag the Blur slider right or left to adjust the intensity of blur effects.
- Then tap on the right-facing icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Finally, hit the Download button to save and share your blurred picture.
How to blur an image on iPhone using the Photos app
If you’re unwilling to use a third-party blur photos app, then it is unfortunate. This is because the native photo blurring options are very limited. You could achieve some form of photo background blur if the images are taken in the Portrait mode. However, hiding sensitive information from a photo or a screenshot is something else entirely. Luckily, we are also going to discuss in-depth how to censor a picture on iPhone with the built-in Photos app.
Here we’ll explain three different processes on how to blur the background or something in the Photos app. They are:
- Blur out sensitive information on photos
- Blur background by adjusting the Depth Control
- Blur background photo by using the portrait lighting
Steps on how to censor a picture on iPhone using the Markup option:
- Open the Photos app.
- Choose the picture that you’d want to censor.
- Tap on Edit at the top-right of the screen.
- Then tap on the “Markup” symbol from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under the new screen, select a pen from the bottom of the screen.
- Then use the pen to pixelate sensitive parts of your image.
- After that, tap Done to exit the Markup editing screen.
- Finally, tap Done again to save your picture on the Photos app.
Here are the steps on how to blur the background in pictures by adjusting the Depth Control slider:
The only way we can use the Depth Control slider is on photos taken in the Portrait mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the picture that you’d want to blur.
- Tap on Edit to open the editing screen.
- Then tap on the “ƒ” or the “Depth Adjustment” icon.
- Drag the Depth Control slider to the left to increase the background blur intensity.
- After that, tap on Done to save your blurred picture.
Steps on how to make the photo background blur with the portrait lighting effects:
Again, the only way you can apply the portrait lighting effects to your photos is if they are taken in Portrait mode. Here’s how to apply the portrait lighting effects:
- Start the Photos app.
- Select any photo taken in the Portrait mode.
- Tap on Edit from the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then tap on the Portrait Lighting Control symbol beneath the photo.
- Next, drag and select a lighting effect to get the desired result.
- After that, drag the slider right or left to change the intensity of your lighting effect.
- Lastly, tap Done to save your photo.
The Markup feature from your Photos app is perfect for redacting or blacking out information but cannot blur pictures. Similarly, the Depth Control and Portrait Lighting effects can only blur the backgrounds of portrait mode photos. None of them is the best solution for you to censor photos on your iPhone. The only way you could achieve the best results is to use the Blur Photo Editor app.
If you’ve liked this guide, then you could check out some of our other blogs on Xlightmedia.