Before we begin
When you are frequently texting or typing with your iPhone, the first thing you see is the keyboard. After a while, seeing the same generic keyboard can be a bit boring. So, you need to find out how to change keyboard color on iPhone.
Unfortunately, your iPhone only allows two-color keyboard themes- the standard white and dark theme by default. However, use a color-changing keyboard app like Fontix. You’ll get to select from a huge selection of keyboard themes for iPhone.
- How to change the color of your iPhone keyboard with the Fontix app?
- Process to change your iPhone keyboard background color by turning on the Dark Mode?
How to change keyboard color on iPhone through the Fontix app
Ever since the release of iOS 8, Apple has allowed third-party color keyboard apps on the App Store for iPhone. The app that we’ll discuss here is an all-in-one app with a collection of keyboard themes and fonts.
Want to find the best ways on how to change keyboard color on iPhone? Install the Fontix – Fonts & Keyboard app for free from the App Store.
If you’re bored with your current fonts and keyboard themes and want to try something new, the Fontix app is your best bet. This app offers cute keyboard background themes for your iPhone. This is the reason why it is one of the best font styles and keyboard theme apps.
Let watch a tutorial on how to change your keyboard color on iPhone
Steps on how to change your keyboard background color on iPhone using the Fontix app:
Firstly, if you haven’t already done it before, enable the Fontix app on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Fontix – Fonts & Keyboard app.
- Tap on the “Add Keyboard” button.
- You’ll then be taken to the Fontix app on your iPhone Settings.
- Tap the “Keyboards” to enable the Fontix app.
- Then tap to switch on the Fontix app to enable it.
The next step is to access the many keyboard background themes from the Fontix app. Here’s how to do it:
- Relaunch the Fontix – Fonts & Keyboard app.
- Now tap on the “Continue” button.
- A vast list of font styles appears; tap “Next” to access the keyboard themes.
- Select the colored keyboard theme you like and tap “Done.”
Finally, let’s try the different color keyboards on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Open any messaging or text platform on your iPhone.
- When your iPhone’s default keyboard appears, tap on the Globe symbol.
- Then select Fontix as your primary keyboard, and your selected theme appears.
- You can also change the existing keyboard theme by tapping on the “color” symbol.
How to change keyboard color on iPhone without using a third-party app
Apple officially allows you to have a black and white keyboard theme on your iPhone. And the default keyboard color is white. So, if you want to switch from the white keyboard color to black, you’d have to turn on the Dark Mode.
Here’s how to change keyboard color by switching to the Dark Mode:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap “Display & Brightness.”
- Then select “Dark,” and the keyboard becomes black.
You can also quickly switch to and from the Dark Mode, and here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select “Control Center”.
- Under “More Controls,” select the Dark Mode with a plus icon.
- A Dark Mode icon is now added to your iPhone Control Center.
- Now you can switch between Dark and Light mode with just one tap.
If you want a keyboard background color that is anything other than white or black, then the Fontix app is what you need. It is the best keyboard color changer app for your iPhone. Additionally, the Fontix app enhances your typing experience by offering amazing keyboards and cool fonts and emojis.