You may already be familiar with “This Tweet may contain sensitive content” or “The following media may contain sensitive material” messages that often appear while tweeting. It’s for tweets that contain content considered offensive by some, such as profanity or violence. Twitter informs users when they will read content containing NSFW material by default. Given these circumstances, knowing how to change sensitive content settings on Twitter might come in handy.
Therefore, this article is all about changing sensitive content on Twitter so that you can change Twitter search settings as well as sensitive content by turning it on or off.
Explore how to change sensitive content settings on Twitter | Everything you need to know
Since Twitter cares about its users, they enable them to select the content that is appropriate for them. As a result, when you turn off sensitive content, it warns around the pictures and videos you must read before you can see them.
On the other hand, by changing the setting on the Twitter website by turning it on, iPhone and iPad users can still view sensitive content without being warned. In addition, you can also change search settings on your tweets without making your account private. In the following, we’re going to share the processes one by one.
How to turn off sensitive content on Twitter
Twitter marks sensitive content as such because many users prefer to stay away from it. The “This Tweet may contain sensitive content” warning on Twitter is essentially the preemptive option to avoid such instances. So, how to change sensitive content settings on Twitter and turn it off? Let’s check it out.
Note: You need to access Twitter from a browser (mobile.twitter.com) to change sensitive content settings, as the Twitter app doesn’t offer the option.
Steps on how to change sensitive content settings on Twitter by turning it off
- Go to Twitter mobile from any browser on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your profile avatar in the upper left corner, then select Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- Choose Privacy and Safety settings from the menu.
- Now under Privacy and Safety, click on the Content You See.
- Finally, uncheck the box beside “Display media that may contain sensitive content” to avoid explicit or 18+ media.
Alternatively, here’s how to turn on or allow sensitive content on Twitter
- Use any browser on your iPhone to access Twitter.
- Tap on your profile and select Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- Tap on the Content You See under Privacy and Safety.
- Mark the box next to “Display media that may contain sensitive content.”
How to change sensitive content search settings on Twitter
Sensitive contents are typically hidden from searches, but if you like, you may enable them. Go to Twitter from any browser on your iPhone>Profile>Settings and Privacy. Now, select Privacy and Safety>Content You See>Search Settings>uncheck Hide Sensitive Content.
On the contrary, if you want to prevent sensitive content from displaying in your search results, just check the Hide Sensitive Content from here.
How to change Privacy and Safety settings on Twitter
Go to the Twitter app>Choose your Profile from the top left corner>choose Settings and Privacy>Privacy and Safety.
From there, you can change all your privacy settings. “Your Tweets” is the one that stands out the most. You can also change the Content You See, Location information, etc. Furthermore, there are other options for keeping your Twitter activity safe.
How to see sensitive content on Twitter
- Open Twitter from any browser on your iPhone>Profile>Settings and Privacy>Privacy and Safety>Tap on the Content You See. Finally, check the box next to “Display media that may contain sensitive content.”
- In addition, navigate to Search Settings and uncheck the “Hide sensitive content” box.
How to remove the age restriction on Twitter
This method will allow sensitive content, including 18+ posts on Twitter, to view on your screen. In other words, turning the sensitive content on can remove the age restriction on Twitter.
Open Twitter from any browser on your iPhone and go to the profile menu. Then choose Settings and Privacy>Privacy and Safety>Content You See> and finally, select Display media that may contain sensitive content.
Twitter lets users post nearly anything. Nevertheless, it offers sensitive content controls for its users. You can customize it to show or filter tweets based on your preferences, resulting in a fantastic tweeting experience.