As humans of the 21st century, we are heavily dependent on our iPads along with other devices. These devices have become integral to our daily lives, helping us stay connected, entertained, and productive. However, what happens when we find ourselves in a situation where our iPad battery is critically low, and we don’t have access to a charger at hand? For times like this, you should know how to charge an iPad without a charger.
It’s impossible to charge an iPad if you don’t have a source of power along with a cable for charging. However, there are multiple ways you can charge your iPad without having a charging block. This article will show provide the ways you can charge your iPad without a charger!
How to charge an iPad without a charger | 6 Methods
A lot of the time, we might forget to pack our charger. As we watch the battery life drain from our iPad, the only thought that crosses our mind is how to charge it without a charger at hand. Fortunately, there are several ways you can charge your iPad without a charger.
Using your laptop or PC
Using a laptop or PC’s USB port to charge your iPad is a really wise decision. This method is incredibly helpful when you don’t have a charger at hand. Here is how you can charge your iPad using your laptop or PC’s USB port:
- You can use your laptop or PC as a power source to charge your iPad without a charger.
- Now all you have to do is find a cable to charge your iPad
- Then use that cable to connect your iPad to your laptop or PC’s USB port.
- Then just wait for your iPad to charge. It might take quite some time for the battery of your iPad to charge fully.
- If you are in a rush and want your iPad to charge fully and at a good speed, then steer clear of using the iPad while it’s on charging mode.
Using a Car Charger
If you are in a rush and forgot to pack your iPad charger, but your iPad is about to die, then the best way to charge your iPad is by using your car’s charger. It can save you a lot of time and trouble. Here’s how you can charge your iPad using your car’s charger:
- In order to charge your iPad using a car charger, the first thing you need to do is find the car charger.
- You can use the cigarette lighter port in your car and charge your iPad using a USB cable.
- For this, you need to use an USB cable to connect your iPad with the charger port.
- Wait for the iPad to charge.
- Additionally, if you want to charge your iPad without draining your car battery, then it is best to charge the iPad while the car is running.
Using a Powerbank
Powerbanks are a tech-savvy person’s best friend. During emergency situations, they can be incredibly helpful. Also, you can easily charge your iPad with the powerbank.
Here is how you can use a powerbank to charge your iPad:
- If you use a powerbank to charge your iPad, first ensure that it has been charged fully or has sufficient charge for your iPad.
- Then all you have to do is plug in your iPad to the powerbank with the help of a USB cable.
- Once that is done, you just have to wait for your iPad to charge. The timing varies for each device to charge. Along with that, every powerbank has a different power rating.
- You should only use Apple accessories with your iPad if you want to avoid any potential damage to the iPad.
- If you want your iPad to charger faster than you can turn it off and then put it to charge.
Using a Solar Charger
If you are out and about traveling around natural places, then it is impossible to come across a power outlet to charge your iPad in. In cases like these, solar chargers are your saving grace. A solar charger might be a bit on the slow side, but it will surely charge your iPad.
However, before you choose a solar charger, ensure that it is compatible with your iPad. If your solar charger and iPad are incompatible, then it will end up doing more harm than good.
Charge Your iPad via iPhone Adapter
If your iPad charger is no longer working the way it should, then the best thing you can do is use your iPhone’s adapter to charge your iPad instead. This method can help you out temporarily. Here’s how you can use your iPhone adapter to charge your iPad:
- Find a C-type cable or use the cable from your iPad charger.
- Then connect that C-type USB cable to the iPhone adapter and the iPad.
- Wait for the iPad to charge. It will take some time to charge. However, this method does work.
Wireless iPad Charging
Technically, the iPad doesn’t support wireless charging. However, there are multiple companies that have Qi wireless chargers which you can use to charge your iPad after making a few tweaks in the system.
The most common are the wireless charging receivers which have built-in charging coils. You can easily connect the coils to your iPad with the help of a cable via its USB charging port. The receiver ensures that you will be able to stick or place the iPad on the wireless charger or stand.
So, now you can just place your iPad with the wireless charging receiver on a Qi wireless charger and watch as it charges your iPad without any hassle.
What happens if your iPad is not charging?
There are times when your iPad refuses to charge. During those times, instead of panicking, follow the steps given below:
Ensure you are using the correct accessories
The first thing that you need to do is connect your iPad to the USB cable that came with your iPad. The USB power adapter can then be connected to the wall’s power outlet using a simple USB cable. If you use the USB power adapter that came with your iPad, it will be better.
Use a different adapter or cable
Sometimes the reason your iPad won’t charge is that the adapter or cable is not working. In cases like this, you need to change both your adapter and your cable.
Check the temperature of your iPad
A lot of the time, your iPad refuses to charge due to the temperature of the iPad being too hot or too cold. In this case, learning about the temperature control of your iPad is absolutely crucial.
Force restart of your iPad
Sometimes a temporary glitch might prevent charging on your iPad. In such cases, restarting your iPad typically fixes the problems.
Does iPad Support Wireless Charging?
The answer is a big no. Apple iPads don’t support wireless charging. Apple is yet to implement any wireless charging features into their iPad. Placing your iPad on a Qi wireless charger won’t charge it the way it does with your iPhones.
But there are some third-party accessories, as mentioned in method 6 of this article which can be used. These accessories have wireless charging receivers with built-in rechargeable coils. And these accessories are connected to your iPad via the USB port. So, after you connect these accessories to your iPad, you can place your iPad over any Qi wireless charger, which will charge your iPad.
This article has included all you need to know regarding how to charge an iPad without a charger. We have also discussed a few other issues regarding this topic. We have given a detailed description of all the issues. Hopefully, this will solve all your issues regarding the best way to charge your iPad without a charger.