Blink cameras and doorbells are popular and reliable security tools nowadays. Using the Blink app, you can easily manage these devices remotely. In addition to that, you can now integrate the Blink app into Alexa to enhance the convenience of managing all your Blink home security devices. So, if you are wondering how to connect Blink to Alexa to smartly control your security cameras and include them in your smart home automation system, then you are at the right place.
Does Blink work with Alexa?
Yes, all the indoor and outdoor Blink cameras work with Amazon Alexa. But you may wonder how does Blink work with Alexa. The answer is that once you have successfully connected the Blink app with Alexa, you will have access to a number of features. For example, you will get a notification and motion alarm on the Alexa-supported devices.
You can also control the Blink cameras, like arm or disarm the cameras, by simply entering your voice commands. Even in devices like the Echo Show, Amazon Fire TV, and tablet, you can lively view the camera output. Moreover, if you have a Blink video doorbell, you can have two-way communication using Alexa.
How to connect Blink to Alexa – 4 Easy steps
Connecting Blink to Alexa is a simple process. For that, you need to set up the Blink and Alexa accounts on your device, like a smartphone or tablet. After that, you have to link the Blink app to Alexa. And finally, we will show you the details on how to connect Blink to Amazon. When you are done setting up all these things, you are good to go for the ultimate procedure of how to connect Blink to Alexa.
But before digging into the details, you need to make sure a few things.
- You have installed the latest version of the Blink and Alexa app
- The devices that you are using in this procedure, like the cameras, phones, Amazon Echo, etc., are all updated
- Your Alexa account is associated with the Blink-supported country (US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain)
- You have disabled the kid’s mode on your Alexa-enabled devices. We have discussed the procedure on how to disable the kid’s mode on Alexa-supported devices.
Step 1 – Setting up the Alexa app
The first step for connecting Blink to Alexa is to set up the Alexa account on your phone. You may create a new account or use the existing Alexa here. Once you are ready with your Alexa account, you can connect it to the Blink app to control the Blink devices from anywhere. Moreover, this procedure includes the way of connecting the Amazon Echo devices to manage your home automation more conveniently.
Here are the steps to set up Alexa
- Download and launch the Alexa app
- After that, enter your Amazon account login credentials or tap on sign in to create a new account.
- Next, tap on the device icon shown below.
- After that, tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner to add a new device.
- Then, select Add Device
- Select the device you want to connect, such as Echo Dot or Echo Show, etc.
Step 2 – Setting up the Blink account.
Here, we are going to tell you the details about configuring the Blink account and the cameras. Also, you have to connect all the Blink cameras to your Blink account. So that you can ultimately control the Blink security camera or doorbells with the Alexa account. After successfully creating or logging in to the Blink account, the procedure for adding each Blink camera to the app is the same. So, let’s see how to do it.
See the steps for setting up the Blink account.
- Install the Blink app and sign up for a new account, or log in to your old Blink account.
- Now, press on the “+” icon and select the device you want to connect
- After that, scan the QR code located at the back of the camera or enter the Serial number manually.
- Next, connect the camera to the existing system or create a new system. (Creating a system means that you can a group of cameras that can be armed, disarmed, or scheduled together.)
- Then, plug in the camera when asked.
- After that, when you see a steady green light and a Blinking blue light on the camera face, select “Discover The Device.”
- Next, a pop-up will appear with permission to join the camera; tap “Connect.”
- Finally, choose the Wi-Fi connection and then tap “Done” to complete the process.
Step 3 – Link the Blink app to the Alexa
Basically, the primary goal for connecting Blink to Alexa is to get access to the Blink cameras through your Alexa-enabled devices. So that you can enjoy some of the smart features to monitor your home security more conveniently. For that, you have configured the Blink smart home skill on the Alexa app. But before that, you have to link the Blink account to the Amazon Alexa. To know the process, easily read the steps below-
Here are the steps to link the Blink app to the Alexa
- Go to the Blink app
- Then, select the “Account and Privacy” option.
- Next, choose “Link to Alexa“
Step 4 – Set up Alexa to work with Blink app
At this final stage of how to link Blink Alexa, we will go through the procedure of how to set up the Alexa app to work with Bink app. Note that following these steps requires verifying the phone number associated with your Blink account. So, keep the number active to get the verification code. So, let’s look at the process.
See the steps to configure the Alexa app to work with Blink
- Jump to the Alexa app and Click on the “+” symbol at the top right corner
- Tap on the “Add Device“
- Then tap on “Camera” and then choose “Blink” as your camera brand
- After that, tap “Next” on the Connect your Blink device to Alexa tab
- When you are taken to the Blink Smart home page, tap “ENABLE TO USE.”
- Now, type your Blink account credential on the Link Account screen and select “Continue.”
- Then, you should get a verification code on the phone number associated with your Blink account. Enter the code and then tap “Verify Code.”
- Next, press “Close,” and Alexa will start to discover the Blink cameras
- Once Alexa discovers your cameras, you will be asked to set the 4-digit voice code. Set the voice code and finish the procedure.
How to disable the Kids mode on Amazon Alexa-supported devices?
Enabling the kid’s mode on Alexa limits some features of the Alexa supported devices. So, if you don’t know how to turn on or off the Kids mode then look the steps below-
Steps to turn on or off Kids mode
- Jump to the Alexa app on your iPhone
- Then, tap Devices
- Next, press Echo & Alexa
- After that, select your device
- Then, go to the settings and tap on Amazon Kids
- Here, Turn On/Off the Amazon Kids
Does Echo Show work with Blink?
Yes, the Amazon Echo Show does work with Blink app. You have to connect the Blink app to Amazon Alexa and then add the Echo Show to the same Alexa account. By linking the Echo Show to the Blink cameras, you can monitor all the cameras and arm or disarm any camera using the voice command. Furthermore, you can get the doorbell notification and have two-way communication from the Blink doorbell to the Amazon Echo.
How to connect Blink to Echo Show
Linking the Blink account to the Amazon Echo Show will let you have a live view of the cameras. So, here we will discuss how to view Blink’s camera on the Echo Show. Note that if you are thinking of linking the different versions of the Echo Show, like how to connect Blink camera to Echo Show 5 or 8, don’t worry. The system is the same.
Steps for connecting the Blink to Amazon Echo Show
- First, plug in the Echo Show and then select the language you prefer
- Next, connect with the most preferred WIFI network
- Now, log in to your Amazon account that is connected to your Blink app and accept the terms and conditions.
- After that, choose the location and set the Time Zone
- Finally, put the device name and choose a beautiful wallpaper
Now that your Blink and the Echo Show are connected through Alexa. Now, put your voice command to show any specific camera or a group of cameras on your Echo Show screen.
How to connect Blink doorbell to Echo Show 8
Linking the Blink doorbell to the Echo will let you live view the door front and have two-way communication through the Echo Show. So, if you want to connect the Blink doorbell to the Echo Show 8, you have to connect the Blink doorbell to Alexa. Once you are done with that, you just have to put a voice command on the Echo Show to view or communicate through the Blink doorbell.
But, before you start the following procedure, make sure you have added the doorbell to the Blink app and linked your Blink app to the Alexa account with the same procedure we discussed earlier.
Steps on how to connect Blink doorbell to Alexa
- Go to the Alexa app and tap on “Devices,” located at the bottom right corner.
- After that, tap on the “+” sign at the top right
- Next, select “Camera” and then choose “Blink.”
- After that, press on “Discover the device.”
- When Alexa detects the doorbell, then select “Set up the device.”
- Then, you will be redirected back to the Device tab, and here, swipe right to left and choose the cameras.
- Next, Press on “Blink Doorbell“
- Now tap on the settings icon at the top left and select “Announcement.”
- Here, you select the” Echo Show 8.”
Now you know how to connect Blink to Alexa to monitor your home security and take necessary actions when needed. Also, Amazon Alexa will notify you whenever any motion is detected within the camera range, regardless of your current location.