Wondering how to connect iPhone to TV without HDMI? Watching streams, music, or even your holiday photos on the big screen wirelessly is easy. We all know that connecting iPhone to a TV via HDMI is relatively straightforward. But what if the HDMI cable is not working, or the port is broken?
To solve your issues, we’ll show you how to connect your phone to your TV without an HDMI cord by following a few simple steps.
Check out how to connect iPhone to TV without HDMI | 3 easy ways
Apple made it easy to connect your iPhone to a smart TV. To clarify, you can effortlessly mirror your iPhone device’s screen to your smart TV. Note that both the iPhone and the smart TV have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
Moreover, you need to ensure that the smart TV supports Airplay 2 connectivity to mirror your iPhone. Considering all the requirements, check out the procedure on how to connect your phone to a smart TV wirelessly.
Here’s how to connect iPhone to TV without HDMI through Screen Mirroring
- Connect your iPhone and TV to the same wireless connection.
- Make sure that your TV displays your Apple TV screen.
- Next, swipe down from the top right side of the iPhone screen to open the Control Center.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Then select the TV from the available list.
- Your iPhone display should now be mirrored on the big screen.
Learn How to connect iPhone to TV without HDMI using AirPlay
- First, connect your iPhone and smart TV to the same Wi-Fi.
- Go to the streaming site and select the video you want to stream.
- Start playing the video on your iPhone.
- Afterward, press the cast icon, which includes a rectangular with a triangle shape on the upper-right side of the video screen.
- Then select your TV from the list of options.
- Thus, your video should begin streaming on the TV you have selected.
If you are thinking about how to watch movies from your phone to TV without using an HDMI cable, this could be the most convenient way.
Note that, AirPlay is no longer available on the Netflix app. However, you can stream directly from streaming apps such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and others.
How to connect and cast iPhone to Chromecast
For your information, Chromecast nowadays comes inbuilt with several well-known smart TV brands. As a result, you can mirror your screen using a Chromecast-enabled app.
Otherwise, you need to configure your Chromecast device using the Google Home app for iPhone before you can play media between the Chromecast and iPhone. Here are the steps to mirror the screen from your iPhone to a Chromecast.
- Connect your iPhone and Chromecast-enabled TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then download and launch an app that supports Chromecast on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the Cast button from the menu.
- Now, from the list of the available devices to cast to TV, select Chromecast.
How to connect iPhone to TV with HDMI
You’ll need an Apple Digital AV adapter and a USB cable to mirror your iPhone to TV using HDMI. First, connect the Apple Digital AV Adapter to your TV’s HDMI port. Next, connect the USB cable to the Apple Digital AV Adapter and to your iPhone. Finally, turn on your TV and choose the input source corresponding to the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
How to watch movies from your phone to tv without HDMI
Using Airplay is a convenient way to watch movies from iPhone to TV. Take note that the Netflix app does not support AirPlay anymore. However, there are streaming services like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and others where you can watch directly. To stream the service, simply play any movie while ensuring that your iPhone and TV are connected to the same internet connection. After the movie starts, tap the cast icon at the top, select your TV from the list, and you’re good to go!
In a word, there may be occasions when you want to connect your iPhone to your TV, not just to watch videos but also to see images or files. Wireless methods are the simplest ways to link your iPhone to a TV, only that they should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If this was helpful, check out how to watch Instagram Live on TV or the best live football streaming apps for iPhone.