Apple and Samsung have always been rivals, and the two companies have carved a niche in the minds of consumers with their electronic devices, such as smartphones, smartwatches, and earbuds. This is the reason why many people think that Samsung products are not compatible with Apple devices like iPhones. However, contrary to popular belief, it is actually possible to connect Samsung earbuds to an iPhone. And in that perspective, today I wrote this article on how to connect Samsung earbuds to iPhone.
While Samsung earbuds are primarily designed to work seamlessly with Samsung devices, it is still possible to connect them to an iPhone. That being said, there are certain features and functionalities that may not be fully compatible when using Samsung earbuds with an iPhone.
How to connect Samsung earbuds to iPhone – Step-by-step Guide
You have to follow certain guidelines while using any device or gadget, and the same goes for connecting Samsung earbuds to an iPhone. While the primary method is to connect via your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings, you can also pair your Samsung earbuds to your iPhone via the Samsung Galaxy Buds app. In this section, I will provide step-by-step details on how to connect Samsung earbuds to iPhone for both methods.
For this, you have to read the whole text carefully, and then the whole process will be clear to you.
Put Samsung Earbuds in Pairing Mode
Before you can actually connect your Samsung earbuds to an iPhone, you need to put it in pairing mode first.
Depending on whether or not you’ve previously paired your Samsung earbuds previously, there are two ways to put Samsung earbuds in pairing mode. And they are:
- Via the charging case
- Via the touch sensors
Here’s how to put your Samsung earbuds in pairing mode with the charging case:
If it is the first time pairing the Samsung earbuds with any device, then you can put them in the pairing mode by using the charging case. This is true for brand new Samsung earbuds or one that has been just reset.
So, here’s how to put your Samsung Galaxy Buds into pairing mode through the charging case:
- Place your earbuds inside the charging case.
- Close the case and wait for 5 to 6 seconds.
- Now open the case lid, and your earbuds will enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
Here’s how to put your Samsung earbuds in pairing mode with the Touch sensors:
Now if your Samsung earbuds have been previously paired with another device, in that case, you can put it in pairing mode manually. This includes pressing the touch sensors on the Samsung earbuds. Here’s how:
- First, put the earbuds in your ears.
- Then press and hold the touch sensor on both earbuds for about 10 seconds.
- After some time, you will hear a beep. If not, wait for a few. A beep will confirm that your earbuds are in pairing mode.
Connect Samsung Buds to iPhone
While there were two methods for putting the Samsung earbuds in pairing mode, there are also two ways to pair them with your iPhone. As already mentioned earlier, connecting Samsung Galaxy Buds to your iPhone can be done through your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings or via the Samsung Galaxy Buds app. Mind you, both methods require Bluetooth to be enabled on your iPhone.
So, you may wonder, what is the difference between the two methods? The difference is that with the app, you can access additional features such as adjusting the equalizer settings, updating firmware, and customizing touch controls. On the other hand, connecting through your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings only offers you a simple connection without any extra features.
You can connect the Galaxy Buds to any device in two ways.
- iPhone’s Bluetooth settings
- The Samsung Galaxy Buds app.
Via Bluetooth settings:
The first option is to pair them with your phone using Bluetooth. This method allows you to quickly connect Galaxy earbuds to your iPhone. It is the most straightforward and common method of connectivity for an earbud.
You can connect Samsung Buds to your iPhone by following some simple steps:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings > Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth if it isn’t turned on already.
- By this point, your Samsung earbud should be in pairing mode already.
- The name of your earbuds should appear on the list of nearby available devices.
- Once you see the name, tap on it to Connect, and you’ll be connected.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds app
Your Samsung earbuds can be connected to your iPhone using the Samsung Galaxy Buds app as well. The process is similar to that of connecting to a Bluetooth device as it too, requires Bluetooth to work.
Connecting is easy if you follow a few simple steps:
- First, install the Samsung Galaxy Buds app
- Next, turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone if it isn’t already. Head over to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Now launch the Samsung Galaxy Buds app and tap on Get Started option.
- By this point, your Samsung earbud should be in pairing mode already.
- Then select the model of your earbuds: Galaxy Buds or Galaxy Buds Live.
- Once you select the model, the name of your Samsung earbud will appear on your app’s screen. Tap on it.
- After that, agree to necessary terms and conditions and then tap Confirm to connect your Samsung earbuds with your iPhone.
Do Samsung earbuds work with iPhone?
Well, the answer is yes. If you noticed, I have already discussed the step-by-step guideline on how Samsung earbuds work with the iPhone. There is some confusion among many people about these because Samsung and Apple are rivals and so their devices might not be compatible with each other. But that is not true.
The Samsung earbuds have Bluetooth technology, enabling them to connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device, including iPhones. That being said, only Samsung earbuds can only connect with your iPhone via the Samsung Galaxy Buds app. And the best way to connect your Samsung Galaxy Buds+ or Galaxy Buds Live earbuds is with the Samsung Buds app. This is because the app also gives you some additional features.
Here I’ve shared with you some of those features in great detail:
- With the app, you can personalize the touch controls of the earbuds. You can create touch actions that will avoid accidental touches.
- Checking the battery status of your earbuds can be done with the app. You can find out exactly how much battery life is left in each earbud and the charging case, ensuring that you never run out of power unexpectedly.
- Control of the Sound mode is another feature provided by the app. You can activate Ambient Sound or Active Noise Canceling depending on whether you have Galaxy Buds Live or Galaxy Buds+.
- EQ settings are also available through the app, allowing you to customize the sound to your preferences.
- In addition, you can restart or reset the earbuds via the app.
- Also, you can use the app to make your misplaced earbuds play a sound in order to find them.
- Finally, the app provides firmware updates for your earbuds, ensuring that you always have access to the latest features and improvements.
However, bear in mind that the Samsung Galaxy Buds app is only compatible with iPhone 7 and newer models running on iOS 10 or later versions.
Samsung earbuds not connecting to iPhone: Reasons & Fixes
Till now, you’ve learned that your Samsung earbuds can connect with your iPhone and there are two ways to go about it. So, if, for some reason, your Samsung earbuds are not connecting to your iPhone, there could be a few possible reasons. Here I will share those reasons and their possible fixes:
Bluetooth Connect Problem
If there is a problem with the Bluetooth connection, you may not be able to hear properly with the earbuds and may hear a static or buzzing sound. So before connecting the earbuds to your iPhone, you need to make sure that your Galaxy Buds are not connected anywhere else. And put your phone close to the earbuds to solve the Bluetooth problem.
If your earbuds have critically low battery life then it might not pair with your iPhone. So, make sure that the earbuds are sufficiently charged.
It is also important to regularly update the software on your earbuds and iPhone. Outdated software can cause compatibility issues and hinder the Bluetooth connection. So, always check out for any available updates for both devices.
Restart or reset Earbuds
When you connect your Earbuds to many devices, the Galaxy earbuds may not work properly, and sometimes the Bluetooth connection may not pick up properly. In such cases, it is recommended to restart your earbuds. Simply disconnect them from your device, turn them off, and then turn them back on again. This can make sure that everything runs smoothly and help fix any temporary bugs or connectivity problems.
But in extreme cases, you might have to reset the earbuds. You can do that from the Samsung Galaxy Buds app or press and hold the touch controls on the earbuds.
This article on how to connect Samsung earbuds to iPhone contains detailed step-by-step guidelines and solutions. To make this as simple and easy as possible, I have explained each step in a short manner.
Even if your Samsung earbuds do not work properly when you connect them to your iPhone, solutions to these problems are also discussed in simpler terms.
If you read this article, you will also be able to understand everything, even if you are a new Samsung earbud or iPhone user. Still, if you face any problems, let us know by commenting, and we will try to reply as soon as possible.