In today’s fast-paced world, headphones are like our best friend. We carry our headphones everywhere while traveling by bus to even classes. Whether we are commuting, working out, or simply relaxing, having a good pair of headphones is essential for listening to music, voice or video calls, being updated about the world through news, etc.
Sony and Apple are two renowned brands in the tech industry and are competing against each other in many fields. Sony offers a large selection of headphones that are renowned for their excellent sound quality and cutting-edge features. Apple, on the other hand, constantly maintains exclusivity for its own line of expensive devices.
So, if you have a pair of Sony headphones and an iPhone, connecting them can enhance your audio experience to a greater extent. You can follow the comprehensive instructions in this article on how to connect Sony headphones to iPhone wirelessly.
How to connect Sony headphones to iPhone – Step-by-step guide
Though Sony has wired headphones, they would need an Apple headphone jack adapter to pair themselves with an iPhone. But with a wireless Sony headphone, you can pair them with your iPhone via Bluetooth; the entire process is not even that hard.
With the easy step-by-step guide in this section, you’ll be able to enjoy your music, podcasts, and calls from your iPhone on your Sony headphones without any hiccups. Just be ready with your stylish Sony headphones and elegant iPhone.
Step 1: Put Sony Wireless Headphones in Pairing Mode
Before you can pair your Sony headphones to your iPhone, you need to put the headphones in pairing mode so that it is recognized by the device to be paired with. The pairing mode makes Sony headphones discoverable by your iPhone. The process may vary slightly depending on your particular Sony headphone model.
However, here are some general guidelines for putting your Sony wireless headphones in pairing mode for the first time.
When you power on your Sony headphones for the first time, it enters into pairing mode automatically.
- Long press the power button to turn on your Sony headphones. Most Sony headphones have a small LED light on one side that lights up when powered on.
However, to pair the Sony headphones for the second time:
- You need to press and hold the Power button for at least seven seconds.
- The LED indicator will start flashing, and you will hear the voice prompt saying “Bluetooth pairing.”
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on Your iPhone
After successfully turning the pairing mode on for the headphones, you need to work on the Bluetooth of the iPhone. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that makes it possible for devices to communicate and connect with each other over short distances. Enabling Bluetooth on your iPhone will allow it to find and connect to the Sony headphones which are already in pairing mode.
You can find the Bluetooth option on your home screen or your setting, depending on the iOS you are using.
If you’re using an iPhone with iOS 13 or later, you can enable Bluetooth through the Settings app. Follow the steps mentioned:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- You will find the “Bluetooth” option in the third row. Tap on it.
- Toggle the switch next to “Bluetooth” to enable it. The switch will now appear green.
Here’s how you can find the “Bluetooth” option without going to settings:
- First, unlock the iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Next, swipe down from the top-right corner of the iPhone screen to open the Control Center.
- Find the Bluetooth icon and tap on it to activate Bluetooth.
Step 3: Pair Your Sony Headphones to iPhone
Now comes the important part. By this point your headphones are in pairing mode, and Bluetooth is also enabled in your iPhone. Let’s now pair Sony headphones with iPhone through the pairing process. The pairing process sets up a secure wireless connection between your wireless headphones and iPhone, allowing you to enjoy your audio playback without any jitter.
Here’s how you can pair your Sony headphones to your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, launch Settings app.
- Tap on the “Bluetooth” option, which you will find near the top. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Your iPhone will begin searching for nearby Bluetooth devices. It may take a few seconds.
- Also, keep your headphones close to the iPhone.
- In the list of available devices, you will find the name of your Sony headphones.
- Tap on the name of your Sony headphones. This will initiate the pairing process.
If the pairing is successful, your iPhone will display a confirmation message, and your Sony headphones will be connected. A successful connection will also cause the blinking of the headphones to stop, and the light will be solid.
Why Won’t My Sony Headphones Connect to My iPhone?
As with any technology, there might be times when you would fail to set up the connection or encounter difficulties connecting your Sony wireless headphones to your iPhone. This problem can be caused by a lot of issues. But you need to understand these troubleshooting factors to resolve the issue. Here are some general reasons why your connection might have failed:
Your devices are further apart.
Bluetooth operates on radio frequencies, and interference from other wireless devices can disrupt the connection. To resolve this problem, bring the two devices close to each other and do not keep any obstacle between them, which might hamper the frequency band.
A low battery of both or any one of the devices.
Both devices need sufficient power to establish and maintain a stable connection. If either device has a low battery, it might hinder the pairing process. Ensure both devices have enough battery levels.
Previously connected devices
If your Sony headphones have previously been paired with another device, when pairing mode is enabled, it will attempt to pair with that device instead of the iPhone. So, clear your headphone’s pairings with other device(s) and try pairing again.
Sony headphones can connect up to 8 devices at a time.
If it is linked with more than that number, it immediately cancels the connectivity when trying to pair with an iPhone.
The pairing procedure on your iPhone could occasionally be hampered by software bugs in the Bluetooth system. You might try restarting your iPhone or your Sony headphones and try again for the connection.
What to Do If Sony Headphones Won’t Connect to iPhone?
If you’ve tried the troubleshooting tips above and are still having connection issues, then you can try some of these additional steps:
- Reset your headphones and attempt again. There should be a reset button on the sides of your headphone—long press that button to power off and on the device.
- Try the “Forget and Re-Pair” method. In your iPhone, go to Settings and then find the “Bluetooth” option. Tap on it and find the name of your Sony headphones in the list of paired devices. Tap the “i” icon next to it. Then, tap “Forget This Device“. After the Sony headphones are unpaired, try the pairing process again.
- Problems can arise if your iPhone is not updated to the latest version. Ensure that your iPhone has the latest software updates installed to overcome compatibility issues.
- If all else fails, try contacting Sony’s or Apple’s customer support service.
Are Wired Sony Headphones Compatible with iPhone?
Yes, many wired Sony headphones are compatible with the iPhone. You can use them by connecting the headphone jack to your iPhone’s audio port if the jack and port are accordant. The newer iPhone models might require a Lightning-to-3.5mm headphone jack adapter, as they lack a dedicated headphone jack.
How Do I Link My Sony Headphones to the Headphones Connect App?
Some Sony headphones come with a dedicated app called “Headphones Connect.” You may access additional features, change settings, and personalize the sound profile of your headphones using this app. Here are the steps you can take to link your headphones to the headphones connect app :
- From your iPhone’s App Store, download the Sony Headphones Connect app.
- At the same time, enable Bluetooth and location services on your iPhone.
- Next, launch the Sony Headphones Connect app.
- Choose your region or country in the app.
- To continue, you must read and accept the terms and conditions.
- After that, click on Start.
- Press and hold the power button on your Sony headphones to turn them on.
- The app will send a connection request to your headphones. Tap on the name of your device to establish the connection.
- To complete the setup procedure, adhere to the directions displayed on the screen. You may need to grant specific permissions or skip some steps based on your preferences.
- Once the setup is complete, you will be directed to the dashboard, where you can customize your headphone settings.
Sony’s dedication to delivering exceptional sound quality and convenient features makes its headphones a popular choice worldwide. By following the instructions in this guide and considering the troubleshooting tips, you can smoothly connect your Sony headphones to your iPhone and have an enjoyable experience by connecting the two contenders! Apple’s advanced mobile devices and Sony’s immersive audio technology makes sure you have an unrivaled audio experience.