When you’ve accumulated hundreds of contacts on your iPhone, it is most likely that there are outdated, duplicate, or incomplete contacts. Unfortunately, you can only remove one contact at a time on your iPhone. So, knowing how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone can be a very useful trick.
Discover how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone using a third-party app
The best way for you to erase multiple contacts at once is by using a third-party storage space cleaner app like the Cleaner for iPhone. In addition, we’ll also show you how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone using your iCloud account.
It would be best if you frequently erased redundant contacts from your iPhone to avoid cluttering your phonebook. These could be contacts for people with whom you’re no longer in touch with. It could also be identical contacts you might’ve created by mistake or contacts with incomplete information. The best and fast way to delete multiple contacts on iPhone is by using a third-party storage cleaner app.
Which is the best way on how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone? Installing the Cleaner for iPhone app for free from the App Store to bulk delete contacts on iPhone.
Try the Cleaner app, to learn how to get more storage on iPhone . This is because it can help you delete contacts, photos, and videos from your iPhone. In this section, we’ll focus on the quick way to delete multiple contacts on iPhone, as well as duplicate and incomplete contacts.
Steps on how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone with the Cleaner app:
- Launch the Cleaner for iPhone app.
- Tap on the Contacts card on the opening page.
- Then tap on the All Contacts button located at the bottom of the page.
- To delete all contacts on iPhone, tap on the All Contacts tick box located at the top-right corner of your screen. Then tap on the Delete [number of contact(s) selected] Contact button.
- To delete multiple contacts from your iPhone, scroll down and select the contacts that you’d want to remove. Then tap on the Delete [number of contact(s) selected] Contact button.
- Next, tap on Delete for confirmation.
Step-by-step process on how to merge duplicate contacts on iPhone with the Cleaner app:
- Open the Cleaner for iPhone app.
- Then tap on the Contacts card on the opening page.
- Next, under the Duplicates section, select the type of duplicate contacts that you’d want to erase first. For example, contacts with duplicate names, phone numbers, or email addresses.
- After that, select the duplicate contacts identified by the app. Tap on the Merge Contacts button to combine them into one contact.
- Then tap on Merge to confirm your choice.
Steps on how to delete incomplete contacts on iPhone with the Cleaner app:
- On the Cleaner for iPhone app, tap on Contacts.
- Next, select the type of contacts you’d want to delete under the Incompletes section. Such as contacts with no names, no phone numbers, or no numbers and email addresses.
- After that, select the contact and then tap on the Delete Contact button.
- Then tap on Delete for confirmation.
Find out how to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone using your iCloud account
An alternate way to mass delete contacts on your iPhone that doesn’t require a third party is by using iCloud. For this, you’d need to connect your iPhone with a computer and access your iCloud account.
Before you do this, you should enable your iCloud account to save your contacts. So, visit your iPhone’s Settings, then tap on your Apple ID and select iCloud. After that, you’d need to turn on the toggle switch for your Contacts app.
Steps on how to erase multiple contacts on iPhone using your iCloud account:
- Visit the iCloud website and log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Tap on Contacts from the main page.
- Locate and select multiple contacts that you’d want to delete. (Hold on the Command key when you’re choosing a contact on Mac, and the Ctrl if you’re using a PC)
- After you’ve selected all your contacts, tap on the Gear icon located at the bottom-left of your screen. Then tap on Delete.
Hopefully, this complete guide on deleting multiple contacts at once on iPhone was helpful. You could either use the phone memory cleaner app or your iCloud account to bulk delete contacts from your iPhone. The top choice for you would be to use the Cleaner for iPhone app.
You can also check out another of our guides on how to delete screenshots on iPhone.