Before we begin
After using your iPhone for a long time, you will discover that the device is full of broken or duplicate contacts. Sometimes, the clutter can be even worse on your device. Then you may want to know how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone. Fortunately, you can delete multiple contacts on your iPhone easily with the help of a third-party app called Cleaner for iPhone.
How to get rid of double contacts on iPhone with the Cleaner for iPhone app
You may wish to get rid of duplicate contacts on your iPhone manually, or you may want to employ an app to do it. In this situation, the Cleaner for iPhone comes in handy. It uses a fast-emerging algorithm for iPhone contacts. The most practical solution to deal with your iPhone device’s multiple contacts problems is to merge the double contacts. Alternatively, you might choose to mass delete iPhone contacts. To understand how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone via Cleaner for iPhone app, follow the steps below.
Steps on how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone with the Cleaner for iPhone app
- Launch Cleaner for iPhone and pick the Contacts card.
- Under the Duplicates header, select the Names card.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tick the box or manually select the duplicate contacts.
- Now, hit the Merge Contacts icon to combine all the duplicate contacts into one and erase the rest.
- If the phone numbers are different but have the same name, a new contact will be established with both numbers in one spot.
How to get rid of double contacts on iPhone from the Contacts app
The native Contacts app on your iPhone stores all of your contacts in one place. After a few years of use, your iPhone device may accumulate a lot of double contacts. In case you don’t want to install a third-party app on your device, you can use the Contacts app to delete or merge contacts on your iPhone. It is better to note that you have to do this process manually. Unlike the Cleaner for iPhone app, the native Contacts app can’t automatically merge duplicate contacts on iPhone. Alternately, you can utilize the tools that come with your device to help you delete duplicate contacts on your iPhone.
Steps on how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone from the Contacts app
- Launch the Contacts app.
- Then, find the double contacts on the app and tap one of them.
- At the top right corner of the screen select the Edit button.
- Now scroll down and tap on Delete Contact.
- Finally, tap on Delete Contact again when prompted.
How to get rid of double contacts on iPhone from iCloud
First and foremost, remember that whatever you erase on the iCloud, it’s gone permanently. You can address the problem with duplicate contacts on your iPhone if you have Mac computer access. So, how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone using iCloud? Follow the steps below to understand the process.
Steps on how to get rid of double contacts on iPhone through iCloud
- First of all, make sure your contacts are backed up
- Now, open Contacts on your Mac
- Find and select the Card menu, then tap Look Duplicates
- Then you’ll get a list of all the duplicate iCloud contacts
- Finally, tap on Merge to complete the process
The bottom line
On your iPhone, you may manage your contacts in various ways. This blog post has recommended one of the best apps to deal with double contacts. You also get to use the native application on your iPhone to learn how to get rid of double contacts. We hope this blog post has helped fix the issue.
iPhone users sometimes face the issue of low storage. To resolve this, you may want to check our article on getting more iPhone storage. Or, if the problem is about duplicate photos, you may also check the list of the best free duplicate photo cleaner apps for iPhone.