Texting or sending messages on iPhone is quite a regular task for everyone. Sometimes it is required to hide sensitive information from messages. On the other hand, you may not be able to delete the message because you might need it. So, if you are concerned about how to hide messages on iPhone without deleting them, this post will be helpful for you.
This comprehensive guide will cover how to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting them. Additionally, you will learn how to conceal text messages on your iPhone without deleting them and how to make iPhone texts private.
It’s not uncommon for folks to worry about their privacy when texting another person. One of the trickiest ways to keep your information private is to conceal texts on your iPhone. If the question is, can you hide messages on iPhone? The answer is Yes. Messages can be locked or hidden, and message previews can be turned off to keep your personal information safe. Let’s focus on how to hide iMessage conversations without deleting them from your iPhone.
Note: iMessage is a unique function that works between iPhone to iPhone. It is free of charge and only consumes a small amount of data pack instead of mobile balance. In contrast, the message is the cross-platform text-based communication method. Bear in mind that both iMessage and message use the same Messages app for iPhone.
A simple method to communicate privately with other iMessage users is using Invisible Ink to hide messages on iPhone. In other words, it is a terrific option to have a private conversation. Follow this process to use the invisible ink feature:
- Locate the Messages app, type some text, or attach a file to send someone.
- Tap and hold the send icon; a pop-up menu will appear.
- After that, tap on the “Invisible Ink.”
- The send arrow will be shifted there. Finally, click the arrow to send the message with invisible ink.
- A shimmering animation will occur in the discussion on both sides to hide the message’s content.
Messages written in invisible ink require the recipient to swipe over the entire document to read them. Only a portion of the message can be glimpsed by touching across it.
Note: Be aware that only other iMessage users can see the impact. Non-iOS users will see a notation “Sent using invisible ink” to indicate its origin. The message itself, however, will not be hidden for non-iOS users.
Using Notes to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting them
You might want to keep some sensitive information from a text message secured. So, can you hide text messages on iPhone? You can easily use the Notes app to hide the text message contents on your iPhone. By password protecting the Notes app, you can secure the message contents easily.
For instance, you can copy and paste the text message into the Notes app. Then seal it with a passcode to secure the message contents. After securing the message, you can delete the main message from the inbox, making it inaccessible to anyone. Let’s check out the process in the following.
- Find the message you want to secure and copy it.
- Next, open the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on the edit icon from the bottom right corner and add the message.
- After adding the message, click the ellipsis icon from the upper right corner.
- Next, select the “Lock” button and provide a password.
- Finally, make sure to delete the message from your inbox to secure the data.
How to hide conversations on iPhone using Screen Time settings
Are you trying to find an easy way how to hide messages on iPhone without deleting them? The solution is pretty simple with Screen Time. You can easily hide your conversations using Screen Time on your iPhone. After a specific time limit, the Messages app will require a password to access. Thus, the Messages app, including the contents, will be inaccessible to anyone except you. Follow these steps to secure messages through Screen Time:
- Locate Settings on your iPhone and tap on Screen Time.
- Scroll down and select App Limits.
- After that, tap Add Limit and select Messages.
- Finally, click on Next and set a time limit.
- After tapping on Add, the Messages app will be locked after the set time period. Then it will require a password to access again.
How to hide messages on iPhone by moving them to Unknown Senders
If you’re wondering how to hide text messages from one person on iPhone, this is another option. Keep in mind that this is the least secured option among all. In this process, your messages will only show the known contacts in your inbox. Follow these steps to use this process:
- First, open the Contacts app.
- Then delete the contact from your phonebook from whom you want to hide messages.
- Next, locate Settings and go to Messages.
- Under message filtering, tap on Filter Unknown Senders and toggle it on.
- Finally, go to the Messages app and select “Known Senders.”
Using this process, all the conversations with that contact will be hidden from the general message inbox. You can check all the hidden messages by checking your “Unknown Senders” inbox from the Messages app.
Here we have discussed how to hide messages on iPhone without deleting them in detail. Follow your convenient process as you feel. Furthermore, you can also check out how to blur text messages or the best apps to hide pictures and videos on your iPhone.