Choosing a ringtone for your iPhone can reveal a lot about your personality. Whether it’s a pop tune, a traditional ringtone, or even silent, it still reveals something about your nature to the people around you. There are many different apps to create a custom ringtone. But, GarageBand stands out and is quite popular among them. If you are exploring directions on how to make a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand, you have come to the right place.
How to make a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand | Create your personalized tunes
Ringtone is a subtle way to reveal a little something about your personality to the people around you. You can make your iPhone experience more enjoyable by adding personalized ringtones. If you are bored of all the default ringtones and looking to use custom tunes on your iPhone, you’re in luck. Because this post will tell you all about how to make ringtones with GarageBand.
Many popular songs are available as ringtones and can be bought from iTunes. Although, you can also download it in other ways, including making your own. GarageBand gives you the freedom to choose personalized ringtones on your iPhone. In the following, let’s check out how to make a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand.
Learn how to use GarageBand to make a ringtone from a song
The iPhone ringtone can be customized to the music of your choice. We often want to have our favorite song played whenever we receive a phone call or text message. Using the GarageBand app, you can use any music as a GarageBand ringtone on your iPhone without using your iMac or iTunes.
Keep in mind that GarageBand doesn’t support importing songs directly from the library to make custom ringtones. So, you have to add your desired song as a second track in an instrument to make a ringtone.
Note: iPhone ringtone supports the maximum length of 30 seconds. Therefore, trim the song accordingly.
Steps on how to make a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand using a song
- Launch the GarageBand app and click on the plus (+) icon from the upper right corner.
- Select the Keyboard instrument and create your tune. After that, tap on the upper right brick wall-shaped icon.
- Later, find and tap on the loop icon in the upper right corner.
- From the Files section, select the song you want to make a ringtone.
- Long press the song file and drag it on the instrument panel.
- Next, tap on the track and drag the starting and ending positions to trim.
- After adjusting the ringtone length, tap on the downward icon at the top left corner.
- Select “My Songs,” and the project will appear on the “Recent” tab.
- Then long press on the desired file and tap on “Share.”
- Tap on “Ringtone” from the menu.
- After that, rename the file and tap on Export.
- Finally, set it as a standard ringtone.
How to use GarageBand for creating custom ringtones
GarageBand has lots of different instruments to create your custom ringtone. You can use a virtual musical keyboard, drums, guitar, or other musical instruments. Following the steps, you can easily make a ringtone with GarageBand. After successful exporting, you can select the tune as your ringtone or message tone.
Here’s how to create a custom ringtone with GarageBand
- Open GarageBand on your iPhone.
- Select any instrument.
- Tap on the red record button.
- Then play the instrument and create your tune.
- After creating, tap on the arrow sign on the upper left.
- After that, tap on “My Songs.”
- Then, hit “Share” and select Ringtone.
- Finally, rename your ringtone and tap “Export.”
How to set GarageBand live loops as a ringtone
Live Loops is an interesting function where users can create a ringtone with multiple tunes playing in a loop. Alongside many free GarageBand loops and instruments, there are sound loop-making functions as well.
Here’s how to create loops in GarageBand to use as a ringtone
- Open the GarageBand app and select “Live Loops.”
- Use the pre-made sound loops or create your own by tapping “New.”
- After creating your tune, tap on the down arrow located in the upper right corner and tap My Songs to save the project.
- Later, tap and hold the sound you want to set as a ringtone.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select “Share.”
- After that, select “Ringtone.”
- Tap on Export from the next window. The sound will be exported as a ringtone.
How to make a ringtone on iPhone with the Ringtone Maker app
GarageBand app is quite a powerful tool for custom ringtone making. But the interface of this app is pretty complex for beginner-level users. If you just want to make a quick change in ringtone or use a favorite tune, you may find this app harder to use.
Fortunately, there is also an easier option for this task. You can try the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker app with a simple but polished interface. You can make a custom ringtone with the Ringtone Maker app more easily.
Learn how to make a custom ringtone on iPhone using the Ringtone Maker app
Ringtone Maker app is an ideal option if you don’t want to face complex tuning of sound files or iTunes charge. Importing your favorite songs into the app’s library is all that is required. Therefore, you can obtain the music file by opening it in the app’s Ringtone Maker module. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the Ringtone Maker app.
- From the home menu, tap on the plus icon and select the audio file.
- After selecting the file, select the starting and end point of the ringtone.
- Click on Save after finishing.
- Then, tap on the newly generated file from the list and hit “Install.”
- Next, select “Install via GarageBand.”
- Next, select GarageBand from the pop-up menu.
- Then tap on Ringtone from the Share option.
- Rename if necessary. Then hit Export.
- Finally, tap on “Use sound as…” and select “Standard Ringtone”
Explore how to make a ringtone from a video using the Ringtone Maker app
Alongside making ringtones from audio files, you can also use this app to make ringtones from a video file. For instance, you can create ringtones from YouTube videos. You can fetch audio from any video and turn it into a ringtone. To make a ringtone from a video using the Ringtone maker app, follow these steps:
- Find and open the app.
- From the home menu, click on “Audio from Video.”
- Select the video you want to fetch audio for the ringtone.
- Trim the start and finish points of your ringtone and tap on save.
- After that, select the file and tap on Install.
- Select Install via GarageBand and choose your file by touch and hold.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Share and select Ringtone.
- Finally, tap on Export and select “Use sound as…” and choose “Standard Ringtone.”
We hope this guide adequately answered the question of how to make a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand. A custom ringtone is a solution when the iPhone’s default tune is monotonous to you.
Now that you know how to make a ringtone with trendy songs on your iPhone, you can explore your options. Making custom ringtones is a great way to express your personality and choice. Furthermore, you can also explore the best sound enhancer app for iPhone.