What are the steps to creating a YouTube channel on your iPhone? The first thing you should know if you want to be a YouTuber is that there is a lot to learn in this area. This is why, in this guide, we will share with you how to make a YouTube channel on iPhone.
It is possible to post high-quality videos from your iPhone to YouTube without having to invest in a costly DSLR or other expensive equipment. So, it is really very easy to start your own channel and get very famous.
How to make a YouTube channel on an iPhone | Step-by-step instructions
You know that you will have no YouTube presence without a channel. So, before you can upload videos to YouTube, you must first understand how to set up a YouTube channel. Setting up a channel is free and shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes.
The process of creating a YouTube channel on your iPhone or iPad will be covered in this article. So, let’s get into the article on how to create a YouTube channel on iPhone so that you can upload videos on it.
How to make a youtube channel on iPhone | Initial Steps
Creating a YouTube channel requires creating a Google Account as the first step. If you don’t already have one, we advise you to do so right now by visiting the Google Account page.
Also, you can only create one YouTube channel for every Gmail account. Furthermore, a default channel is automatically created when you sign in to YouTube using your Gmail account. The name of this channel would be the same as your YouTube profile ID. So, basically, by logging into YouTube, you are making a channel. However, after you’ve signed in, you can change the name and add a banner and description for your channel.
Steps on how to make a YouTube channel on iPhone
- Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone
- Next, tap on the Profile icon located in the top right
- Click the Sign In button and, if necessary, input your Google login information
- In the next step, select Edit channel
- After that, you can add or take a photo for your channel. Then change the name of your channel and add a description
How to upload videos on YouTube from iPhone
With the help of the YouTube app, you can upload existing videos from your iPhone or shoot new ones. Here’s how:
- Launch the YouTube app
- Tap on the Create (plus sign inside a circle) icon
- Select Upload a video option
- Next, choose the video that you want to upload and hit NEXT
Your video will be uploaded as a YouTube Short if it is 60 seconds or less and has a vertical or square aspect ratio. Suppose it is slightly longer than 60 seconds; then you can use the Edit into a Short feature to trim the video and upload it as a Short.
Find out how to add thumbnail to a YouTube video on iPhone
- Launch the YouTube app
- Tap on the Library icon from the bottom taskbar and select Your videos
- Next, tap on the More (three vertical dots) icon beside the video that you want to edit
- After that, choose Edit, followed by Edit thumbnail
- Now select Custom thumbnail to make a custom video thumbnail from your iPhone’s library, or you could choose the auto-generated thumbnail option
- Next, confirm your thumbnail selection and tap Select, followed by Save to complete the process
How to change a YouTube banner on iPhone
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone
- Tap on the profile picture located in the top-right
- Next, select Your channel > EDIT CHANNEL button
- You can upload a photo from your iPhone library or take a new picture
- After that, tap on Save
If you want to start your own YouTube channel, then simply follow the above instructions. By following this article, you can concentrate on making your YouTube channel more dynamic and intuitive once it has been produced.
Read more on how to make a YouTube reaction video on iPhone to make intuitive content on YouTube.