Your iPhone’s storage deals with the pre-installed apps as well as the downloaded ones. Redundant use of these apps can clog up your device’s storage and slow down its performance. When you lose your iPhone’s storage capacity, it warns you by displaying an error message stating that your device is running out of storage. This situation prevents you from installing new apps or updating existing ones. Also, you cannot store any more photos, videos, or other files on your device.
So, to get rid of this problem, the immediate solution is to delete apps from iPhones or iPad. It will instantly help to increase iPhone storage, optimize device performance, and make it more secure. So, let’s find out how to mass delete apps on iPhone or iPad.
How to mass delete apps on iPhone from the Home Screen | 2 Ways
When you install any app from the App Store on your iPhone, it shows up on the home screen. Consequently, the visual existence of the apps is directly seen after you open the iPhone.
So, removing apps from the home screen is the fastest way to delete apps. By following the steps mentioned below, you can quickly delete the apps on your iPhone’s home screen.
Here’s how to uninstall apps from iPhone or iPad:
- First, you need to long press on any empty space on your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
- You need to do this until all the app icons start to jiggle.
- After that, a minus sign will be shown over each app icon.
- Find the app that you want to remove and tap on the minus sign
- Then you’ll receive three options. Among them, tap on “Delete App.”
- To confirm the deletion, tap on “Delete” once again.
- Once you’ve deleted all the apps that you want to be removed, tap “Done” on the upper-right corner of the home screen to stop the jiggling mode.
Here’s how to remove apps from iPhone or iPad:
There is also an alternative method to remove apps from iPhones or
iPad. The steps are-
- First, go to your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
- Find the app you want to delete and press on the app until a menu comes on.
- Choose “Remove App” from the menu.
- Again, you’ll receive three options. From those, go for the “Delete App.” By doing this, you will also lose all progress related to the app. It is possible to download the same app again, but the data of the previous app will be deleted.
- To confirm the whole process, tap on “Delete.“
- On the other hand, if you just want to remove the app from the home screen but still want to access it in the app library, then tap on “Remove from home screen” among the options. You can search the app by swiping left on your home screen.
So, these are the steps of how to remove an app from the iPad or
iPhone home screen. It is one of the most common ways of
uninstalling iPhone apps. However, keep in mind you can only delete apps one by one. But as the steps are straightforward, you can quickly delete multiple apps.
How to mass delete apps on iPhone via the Settings app
If you want to know how much space will be released after deleting the app, you should try out this method. It is a direct process that allows you to remove app apps from your iPhone via setting apps.
Here are the steps on how to mass delete apps on iPhone via Settings
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Then select “General” from the given options.
- Then choose “iPhone Storage.” If it is iPad, then you need to choose “iPad Storage.”
- After that, you will locate all the apps listed one by one with their storage information.
- Find the app you want to delete.
- Swipe on it from right to left to initiate the deletion process
- Then select “Delete.“
- Finally, confirm the deletion by tapping on Delete.
Remember one thing, If the iPhone doesn’t show you the arrow icon beside the app, you cannot delete it. It means these apps are pre-installed apps on your iPhone and cannot be ever deleted.
Additionally, when you swipe it from right to left, as mentioned in step 6, you’ll get the Offload option along with the Delete. The Offload feature means that the app will be deleted from your device, but all the data associated with the app will remain. So, when you need or install the app in the future, your progress or app data will not be lost.
How to mass delete unused apps on iPhone
Mass deletion of unused apps is required to maintain your iPhone properly. When several unused apps gather in your iPhone, it consumes your storage and increases other complexity.
The feature offloads the apps that remain unused for 12 days. You will still find these apps in your app library, consuming minimal space, but you need to re-download it to use it properly.
So, let’s jump into the steps of how to delete unused apps on iPhone-
- After opening your iPhone, go to the Settings
- Select “App Store“
- After scrolling down will reveal an option called “Offload Unused Apps.”
- Turn on the toggle to enable this feature. When turned on, the toggle will turn green.
How to delete multiple apps on iPhone at once
If the question chalks up to your mind of how to delete more
than one app at a time, this part will answer it. There is no default iPhone feature to delete multiple apps at once. However, with the help of a third-party application, you can achieve that. This process helps to remove all apps from the iPhone at once which are unnecessary. You can fulfill the process at once.
By following this process, multiple apps will be removed, and the question of how to mass delete apps on an iPhone will also be solved. In addition, you need a PC or MacBook to assist you in finishing the method.
Here’s how to delete multiple apps at once on iPhone:
- First, download the “DearMob iPhone Manager” app on your PC or Mac and install it.
- Open the program while connecting your iPhone to the computer using a cable.
- Then open the app on your PC or Mac and click the “App” option.
- A window will be opened showing the user-installed apps and pre-installed apps altogether.
- To see the version and the storage space consumed by each app, switch from grid to List View.
- Notice the square checkbox beside the left side of every app
- Click on the checkboxes next to the particular apps that you are willing to delete
- After that, a tick mark will appear on the box
- Then click on “Uninstall” at the upper left side of the computer screen
- The process is not finalized yet. This app also gives you the option to change your mind about uninstalling the selected apps with the Red undo icon beside each app.
- Lastly, to uninstall the selected app, click on “Sync,” located at the bottom right of the screen. Then choose “Continue” from the new window.
- After that, open your iPhone to make sure the selected apps are deleted.
- Finally, disconnect the cable from the iPhone and computer.
This article emphasizes how to mass delete apps on iPhone as well as individually. It has also instructed the quickest way to delete apps on iPhone.
Moreover, to make the deletion process less time-consuming, you can delete multiple apps at once using a third-party app.
Undoubtedly, deleting unwanted apps on your iPhone frees up space and optimizes your device. Hope now you can use your iPhone effectively without the tension of running out of space!