We often record precious memories in our iPhone videos. Sometimes mistakenly, users may delete some videos from their iPhone devices. Therefore, recovering a deleted video on iPhone might be necessary. If you are looking for how to recover a deleted video on iPhone, this guide will help you through it.
How to Recover a Deleted Video on iPhone | 3 Easy Ways
Maybe you have lost some of your important photos or videos and trying to find out how to get deleted videos back on iPhone. The methods described here for iPhone video recovery do not contain any intricate procedures or risks. Here we will describe how to restore deleted videos on iPhone from the Recently Deleted folder, iCloud, Finder, iTunes, or by using third-party apps.
How to find deleted videos on iPhone from the Recently Deleted folder
Suppose you are trying to grasp how to recover a deleted video on iPhone that you removed recently. In that case, you have to find out where the file is located after deletion. Any deleted video files go to the “Recently Deleted” folder on Files. Alongside video files, you will also find your other deleted images, text, PDF, or audio files here.
Note: Files will remain for up to 30 days in this location. After that, they will be deleted automatically.
Steps to recover deleted videos from the Recently Deleted
- Locate and open the Files app from your iPhone.
- Tap on Browse. There you will find the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- After opening the “Recently Deleted” folder, you will find all the deleted items.
- Tap and hold to select the files you want to recover. From the pop-up menu, tap on “Recover.”
How to retrieve videos from iCloud
When you remove a photo or video from iCloud, it is likewise erased from all of your iCloud-enabled devices. Although, you have 30 days to get it back if you change your mind before it’s permanently removed. Note that after 30 days, there will be no way to get back your deleted videos from iCloud.
How to recover deleted backup videos from iCloud
- From your Mac, log in to iCloud.com and find Photos.
- Next, click the Recently Deleted album in the sidebar. If it’s not visible, tap on the sidebar icon located at the top.
- Finally, select all the photos or videos to be recovered and hit Recover.
How to retrieve videos by Finder or iTunes
As of macOS Catalina, Finder is responsible for managing phone backups. But, if you are operating a legacy macOS version, you will have to use iTunes to follow this process. Using a Finder backup, you can restore videos on your iPhone.
Steps to retrieve videos by Finder or iTunes backup
- Open Finder, or iTunes if you are using an older macOS on your Mac.
- Next, connect your iPhone with the Mac.
- Then, select the iPhone from the list.
- From the General tab, select Restore iPhone.
- Finally, tap Restore from the confirmation window.
Learn how to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone
Sometimes you may accidentally delete your videos from the “Recently Deleted” folder. In that case, you won’t be able to recover them in the normal process. Therefore, you might be looking for a solution to how to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone.
First thing’s first, you will need a Mac or Windows PC to recover permanently deleted files. Deleting something from a flash memory component leaves some residue or trace of the file. By retracing those residues, some files can be recovered almost completely. To do that, you can use a third-party tool. Among many tools out there, iMyFone proved to be one of the best and most reliable.
Here’s how to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone using iMyFone
- Download and install iMyFone on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone and open iMyFone on your computer.
- Then, select “Recover from iOS Device” and tap “Start.”
- After that, select the type of files to retrieve and hit “Scan.”
- Finally, choose “Recover” and check the retrieved files.
You often might find yourself in a stressful situation after accidentally losing your precious videos. Thankfully, our guide on how to recover a deleted video on iPhone can help you bring them all back without any hassle.
If you find this blog helpful, you may consider checking the best apps to hide pictures and videos or how to delete albums on your iPhone.