There are times when we see a video on Facebook and think about downloading it. Downloading a Facebook video on an iPhone is a bit different from downloading it on an Android. This is why we will be finding out how to save Facebook videos to iPhone in this article.
There exists several methods saving a video from Facebook on your iPhone. Each process is easy, and it doesn’t require much effort. It might not be as simple as hitting a button, but it is fairly easy. This article will provide you with various ways you can save Facebook videos to your iPhone with ease.
How to save Facebook videos to iPhone – Multiple methods
There is more than one way to save Facebook videos on your iPhone. In this section, we will explore 3 such methods.
Method 1: Save Facebook Videos to iPhone using Shortcuts App
The Shortcuts app is a visual scripting app designed by Apple. This app allows you to create shortcuts using pre-built actions or by creating your own custom actions. Also, you can automate various tasks and functions of the many apps on your iPhone. So, we will be using one such shortcut to download Facebook videos on your iPhone via the Shortcuts app.
Here’s the step-by-step guide to using the Shortcuts app to save Facebook videos on your iPhone:
Step 1: Download a Facebook Video Downloader shortcut
Normally, you need to get a shortcut from the Shortcuts app’s gallery, but you won’t find any existing Facebook video downloader shortcuts. An alternative would be to create a custom shortcut. But why bother if someone has already done that? There is no point in reinventing the wheel.
You’ll find a custom Facebook Video Downloader shortcut on a RoutineHub webpage. You can download this shortcut on your iPhone for free. Go to their site, tap on the Get Shortcut button to install it on your iPhone, and then you need to add the shortcut to the Shortcuts app.
Step 2: Copy the Link to the Facebook video
Once the shortcut is saved on your Shortcuts app, head over to Facebook. On Facebook, locate the video that you want to save on your iPhone. Once you found the video, tap on Share and then Copy Link from the options.
Step 3: Paste the copied link on a web browser
You might find this step a little weird, but follow me. Once you’ve copied the link to Facebook, you need to paste it on a web browser. So, open Safari or any web browser on your iPhone and then paste the browser. After that, visit the link.
The main reason for this is that the link you copied from Facebook is a Facebook link to the video that the shortcut you downloaded earlier doesn’t understand. So, pasting the link on a browser and visiting it will unveil the URL the shortcut will understand.
Step 4: Copy the new URL of the Facebook video
When the Facebook video page gets loaded on the browser, copy the URL on your iPhone’s clipboard.
Step 5: Run the Facebook video URL on the shortcut
The final step in this process is to run the Facebook Video Downloader shortcut, and then the shortcut will then automatically fetch and save the video. Here’s how:
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- Tap on the Facebook Video Downloader shortcut.
- Then tap on Play to run the shortcut.
- It might take a few seconds; the shortcut will automatically fetch and download the video from the URL.
- The Facebook video will be directly saved on your iPhone’s Photos app.
Method 2: Save Facebook Videos to iPhone using an online tool
An alternative and more popular method to download a Facebook video is by using an online video downloader. With the help of such a tool, you can download videos from any social media platform, including Facebook.
There are several such online sites from where you can save Facebook videos to your iPhone. Here are the best 5 online Facebook video downloaders: FDOWN, Facebook downloader for Snapsave, Fdownloader, Fsave, and FBdownloader.
The reason to mention five online Facebook downloader tools in one section, instead of explaining each of them individually is that they all have almost similar methods. The process to download a Facebook video using these tools is nearly identical.
Here’s how to save a Facebook video to iPhone using an online Facebook video downloader:
- Open Facebook and head over to the video you want to download.
- Once that is done, tap on Share.
- Then, tap on the Copy Link from the share options.
- Now, open a web browser and head over to the online Facebook video downloader site.
- Then, you need to paste the link in the search bar on the page.
- In some platforms, the online downloader will automatically fetch the video from Facebook once you’ve pasted the link. And in others, you have to tap on the Download button beside the search field.
- You might need to wait for a few moments for the online platform to fetch the Facebook video.
- Once the video is fetched, you need to tap on the Download or Save option.
- In some cases, you can select the download resolution for the video.
Method 3: Save Facebook videos to iPhone using Screen Recording
One of the best and easiest ways to save a Facebook video to an iPhone is by using the screen recording option. Every iPhone device has a built-in screen recording feature in it. So, you won’t even have to download another app if you do want to screen record a video that’s a few minutes long.
Here’s how you can screen record a Facebook video on your iPhone:
- The first thing that you need to do is open the control center. Swipe down from the top right of the screen.
- In that control center, you will be able to see a screen recording icon. Tap on it to start screen recording.
- Then, you will have to go to your Facebook app and play the video that you want to record.
- Play the video in the full-screen for better recording quality.
- Now, screen record the Facebook video. Once you are done recording the video, open the Control Center and tap on the screen recording icon again to stop recording.
- The video recording will now be saved on your iPhone’s Photos app.
This article has a series of information that you might be in the search for. The article has provided you with simple and easy methods you can use if you are curious about how to save Facebook videos to iPhone