Scanning photos on an iPhone is helpful for a variety of reasons. The capacity of some apps to extract data from physical documents is one expected benefit of scanning photographs. The ability of scanning applications to take a precise photo of your old image is another advantage of scanning a picture. If you’re looking for an app to teach you how to scan a picture on iPhone, try Scanner App – PDF Editor. It’s a free-to-install application available on the App Store that allows users to snap precise pictures of photos.
Together with specific other basic iPhone options, this app will make scanning your iPhone a breeze. Follow the instructions in this post to learn everything you need to know about scanning photos on your iPhone.
How to scan a picture on iPhone using Scanner App – PDF Editor
Scanner App is a versatile app that you will discover, helping you in various ways. This app is considered the best document scanner on the App Store. Few people know and use the app’s capacity to take perfect shots of older images. Let’s see how to do it.
Install Scanner App – PDF Editor for free from the App Store and experience the true versatility of an excellent app
Steps on how to scan a picture on iPhone by Scanner App
- Go to App Store and download Scanner App – PDF Editor
- Launch the application
- Tap on the plus sign to bring up a menu, choose Scan with Camera
- Put the picture that you want to scan on a flat surface
- Position your iPhone above the photo and bring your device closer to it
- Scanner App will accurately detect the image to its best position
- Take the picture, tap on the save button, and go to the app’s main menu to find the picture
- You can choose the picture from the main menu for further editing, or you might want to convert the image into a PDF document
The Scanner App’s most potent functionality is its ability to use OCR technology to scan documents and convert them to PDF. You can use the same tactics mentioned above to scan documents and extract texts and information out of them. Let’s look at some of the Scanner App’s key features that make it a fantastic app for your iPhone.
Key features of Scanner App – PDF Editor
- Support for Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, and Wi-Fi sync
- Adjustable scanner’ perspective and boundaries
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for accurate data extraction
- Ability to merge PDF files
- Convert Word to PDF, JPG to PDF, and JPEG to PDF
- Send a single scan or a collection of scans as a single PDF file to someone via Mail, iMessage, or save to Photos
- Scanned pages can be saved as JPEG files and shared with others
- There is no limit to the number of folders you can create
How to scan a picture on iPhone via Notes app
iPhone users usually use the Notes app to scan documents, but you can utilize this app for scanning images on your device. This default app of iPhone is not a straightforward solution for scanning pictures like the Scanner App, but it can be a handy tool if you know how to use it. Follow the steps below to learn how to scan a picture on iPhone with the Notes app.
Steps on how to scan a picture on iPhone with the Notes app
- Launch Notes app
- Tap on Create new note icon at the bottom
- Tap in the blank space to bring the keyboard and select the camera icon
- Select Scan Documents
- Place a picture on a flat surface and tap the shutter button to scan the photo
- In the following menu, you can crop the photo with the proper orientation
- After you are satisfied with the editing, tap the Keep Scan button at the bottom right corner of your screen
- Tap Done to save the image
As you see from the steps, it is a lengthy process that the Scanner App can bypass. But this method proves that with the proper knowledge of the default application of the iPhone, you have an alternative approach.
How to scan a picture on iPhone properly
Gone are the days when you had to rely on a fancy scanner machine to scan pictures or documents. You have at your hand a powerful device that can almost do the same thing as a scanning device. Third-party apps like the Scanner App – PDF Editor provide you with some advanced tools for that.
However, you must be careful when taking the shot to scan correctly. The most common problem is your device’s glare and unwanted shadow on the subject. To avoid this problem, make sure that the room has enough lights.
Position your phone above the picture or document right, but don’t get too far from the subject. A slight deviation is not a problem as the advanced algorithm of the iPhone and Scanner App can fix that if you follow these steps correctly, you can scan a picture on iPhone properly.
Knowing how to scan a picture on iPhone can boost your productivity level. The process is not complicated. You have third-party apps like Scanner App to scan images and documents faster. Most average iPhone users don’t know how much of a powerful device their iPhone is. Utilizing the device’s complete productivity tools and getting used to some fantastic third-party apps on the App Store can make your life much easier.