Did you know you can set a custom ringtone on your iPhone? It’s a little tricky, but the process gets interesting when you have a good ringtone maker app like the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker. In query of how to set custom ringtone on iPhone, we have come up with a solution article for you.
We will explain how you can splice out part of your favorite song as a ringtone using this specialized app. We will also explain how you can add it to the rest of the iPhone’s other ringers. Lastly, we will give you an easy tutorial of setting a custom ringtone as a caller tune on your iPhone. This will let you enjoy hearing your favorite music every time someone calls on your phone.
A brief knowledge about the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker app
Before we hop directly on how to set a custom ringtone on your iPhone, let us first briefly learn about this ringtone-making application. This feature-rich and useful app for iPhone makes music importing and cropping much easier at the initial level.
Without the Ringtone Maker app, you would otherwise have to import a song on your PC or Mac. Next, you need audio editing software to select and snip the music part for your ringtone. After that, you would have to transfer the edited file to iTunes. Convert it into AAC format before syncing it back on your device.
Highlighted features of the Ringtone Maker app
Here’s how this useful app gets things done for you
Highlighted features of Ringtone Maker ⊙ app
- Import music from Apple Music or Local Storage
- Huge collection of pre-loaded ringtones under various music genres
- Easy music selection and cropping facility
- Supports all types of music formats
- Easy sharing with iTunes or GarageBand for further sync function
Do you want to find out how to set custom ringtone on your iPhone? Then download the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker app for FREE from the App Store.
How to Set Custom Ringtone on iPhone: Selecting and cropping music
Ringtone maker is the best alternatives if you want to avoid complicated audio editing software on your PC or Mac. Converting music of any format into a ringtone using this ringtone maker app is easy. All it requires is importing your favorite music into the app’s library. Open the music file from the Ringtone maker module of the app.
From there, selecting a piece of music track will lead you to the next window. Here you will find your chosen audio track confined in a cropping bar. Here you can select the portion of audio you want to keep for ringtone and crop out unnecessary segments.
The steps are as follows:
- Import song, open from ‘Ringtone Maker’
- Select the audio file, which automatically takes the audio into the cropping module
- Select the portion of the music using the portion selector bar on this app window
- Crop unnecessary portion of the music with convenient cropping bar
- Save and share the edited file for the next procedure
Sync your edited music with iTunes or GarageBand
Ringtone Maker app allows you to crop and edit a ringtone from any typical song straight from your iPhone. This will save the time of transferring the music to a PC or Mac for editing with complicated software. You, however, have to sync with iTunes or GarageBand for the rest of the process of adding a new ringtone.
In short, the process goes like this:
- Crop the audio file to your preference for ringtone
- Sync your edited music with iTunes or GarageBand using the share option
- For iTunes, you need to wire up your iPhone with a PC or Mac to carry out the process
- When using the GarageBand, you can sync, edit further and add the ringtone directly from the phone without needing a PC or Mac.
A brief tutorial of how to set custom ringtone on iPhone
By now, you must have an idea of how to create a ringtone from a song using this iPhone app. It’s time for you to know how to set custom ringtones on iPhone after creating a tailored ringer. The process is easier from here onward. However, the initial music syncing process is different in iTunes and GarageBand.
Here’s how a ringtone can be set on your iPhone on two different platforms:
Setting up your custom ringtone on iPhone using iTunes
When you have iTunes as the option, the process may include either your PC or Mac and a connecting cable. Your PC or Mac must have iTunes installed. Simply connect the phone with the PC or Mac using a data cable. Sync the ringtone from iPhone to iTunes. Convert the music to AAC format and sync it back to your iPhone’s ringtone storage.
Brief steps of how to set custom ringtone on iPhone using iTunes:
- Make sure iTunes is installed on your PC or Mac
- Connect the phone with a PC or Mac using a data cable
- Sync your tune from the phone to iTunes
- Convert the music to AAC format, which is the suitable ringtone format
- Sync back to your iPhone’s ringtone module
Adding custom ringtone on iPhone using the GarageBand app
Another way of processing and transferring custom ringtones is by using the GarageBand app. You have to download and install this app on your iPhone. When you have GarageBand on your iPhone, simply share the music file straight from Ringtone Maker ⊙. You can further edit the ringtone if needed. Send it to the ‘Ringtones’ of your device’s setting option instantly.
Quick steps of how to set custom ringtone on iPhone using GarageBand:
- Share the processed music with GarageBand
- Conduct any further editing with the GarageBand app
- Convert any music into iPhone’s supported ringtone format on this app
- Locate Ringtones in the ‘Sounds’ module stationed in your iPhone Settings option
- Add the new ringtone with the rest of other ringers in the ‘Ringtones’ option.
Having a custom ringtone is fantastic! Especially when you feel that iPhone’s default ringer is monotonous. Now, as you know the way to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone, stop delaying and choose your music right away. It’s time for you to start making tailored ringtones. Remember, it’s easy when you have the best app to make ringtones for your iPhone.
Check out other blogs: