Setting a song as a ringtone on your iPhone is the best thing you can do to get rid of the monotonous default ringer. The process is simple when you have ready music on your iTunes. However, cropping and formatting a non-m4r audio file is what lacks behind. This is where the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker app comes in.
Throughout this content, we will talk about how to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone using the Ringtone Maker. This also describes how this app helps fine-tune music before setting it as a ringtone on your iPhone. At the same time, we will describe how you can set a song as a ringtone using iPhone’s default platform.
Things you need to know about the Ringtone Maker app
First thing first, let’s introduce you to an excellent app for your iPhone called the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker. When querying how to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone, nothing works better than this app.
With this application installed, you can import songs from your iTunes or any other external sources. Most importantly, you can crop the audio portion to a more ringtone size and convert it to a valid format.
Say, for example, you have a favorite song that you want to set as a ringtone for incoming calls. What this app does is import your preferred song from phone storage or Apple Music. From here forward, things get interesting. You can carry out some necessary configurations to that music.
On Ringtone Maker, you can trim the music to an iPhone’s recommended ringtone size. Choose the portion of a song that sounds best and simply clip it out. It’s that simple!
This ringtone maker app integrates a convenient ringtone file sharing option. You can share the saved Ringtone with third-party software like Garageband. The other way is to sync with iTunes on your Mac or PC and add the edited audio file to iPhone’s Ringtone list after converting it into m4r or AAC format.
Features of Ringtone Maker at a glance
- Import song from Apple Music or device’s internal storage
- A rich library of music files stacked under every possible music genre in Ringtones.
- Smooth music portion selection and cropping function
- Automatically save any other audio format into iPhone ringtone format
- Favorites section to bookmark any music you want to use later as Ringtone
- My Tones section of the app stores all your edited audio files
- Quick share ringtone files with external sources, including iTunes
Are you curious how to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone? Try installing the Ringtones : Ringtone Maker for your iPhone from the App Store.
Step by Step of How to Set a Song as a Ringtone on iPhone
By now, you should know how to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone using the Ringtone Maker. Therefore, let’s dig deep and find out the step-by-step process of adding a customizable ringer on the iPhone; from beginning to the end.
Step-1: Import music from external sources
With the app, you can grab music from Apple Music quickly. If you got favorite music saved on your iPhone storage, it appears automatically on the app’s audio library. Get a new song from the Ringtone Maker option in the Ringtones section. Here you will find ‘Downloaded’ that houses all the audio tracks you have downloaded from external sources on your iPhone storage.
Here’s how you can get your song in the app
- Start Ringtones : Ringtone Maker app
- Go to the Ringtone Maker you will find at the very top of the Ringtones section
- You will find a list of options that aid you to find your song available in the phone storage
- Search or use a preferable searching option to get the music for the Ringtone
Step-2: Trim portion of the music as Ringtone
What makes this app really useful is its easy audio cropping module. Once you have selected the music, you will find a tiny (+) sign right beside the song’s name. Tap it, and the app takes you to the audio Trimmer module. Here you can choose and clip out the segment of your chosen music. Even a user with fat fingers can maneuver with that smooth audio trimming bar without any complaint.
A song to ringtone formatting process in brief
- Select the song from where you want to extract a Ringtone
- Tap on the (+) that will take you to the Trimmer module
- Here you will get the song placed on the cropping bar
- There is also a song portion selector at the bottom
- Select your preferred portion of the music and crop the song duration
- Once the clipping is satisfactory, tap on the save, and your Ringtone is ready
Step-3: Sync with iTunes or Garageband to set the Ringtone
iPhone practices a sync process unlike Android, where you cannot directly add the Ringtone you have created on the phone. What that means is that save the Ringtone you have trimmed from a song. Sync the ringer with iTunes on your Mac or PC. Next, add it to your iPhone’s ringtone list to use it as an incoming caller tune.
If you find the sync options complicated, try Garageband instead. You, however, have to download and install this app on your iPhone to use its functions. With this app, you can directly send your Ringtone to your iPhone’s Ringtones list. This time, you don’t need to sync with a Mac or PC for this process.
How to Set a Song as a Ringtone on your iPhone: The setup process in short
Sync with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone with a Mac or PC that already has iTunes
- Start iTunes on your Mac or PC. Tap the icon of your device at the left of the window
- Scroll down, find and tap the File Sharing option.
- Scroll up or down and find the Ringtone Maker app in the File Sharing segment
- Locate the m4r ringtone file you have made in the app and drag that to your Mac homepage
- Again, tap the device icon. This time drag back your custom-made ringer to the Tones option
- Wrap up the Ringtone adding process by tapping on the Done
- Set your new Ringtone that is now available on the Ringtones list of your device
Share directly with the Garageband
- Share the custom Ringtone with Garageband
- You can further crop the music into more ringtone size on this app
- Convert MP3 or other formats into iPhone’s ringtone format that is AAC or m4r
- Export the Ringtone and Tap on the option ‘Use sound as’ to set the Ringtone
- You will get to choose the options to use the audio file as Ringtone or text tone
- Tap ‘Done’ to finish up the ringtone setup process
So, still wondering how to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone? Are you ready to add a new custom ringtone? Do you want to hear your favorite tune every time someone calls on your phone? If your answer is yes, then the Ringtone Maker app for iPhone is the best option for you.
Check out our other blog :