Wondering how to share videos from Android to iPhone that you have recorded on your friend’s phone?
It seems to be a difficult thing to send videos from Android to iPhone as these two operate on two different operating systems. But do not worry. Though Android and iOS are 2 different platforms, there are ways to share video from Android to iPhone.
There are several methods for sending videos from Android to iPhone. Sending videos via cloud-based services is the most popular and accepted one among users. You can also use a computer or third-party apps to send high-quality videos from your Android phone to iPhone.
Many methods can be followed for sending videos from Android to iPhone, but all of the methods are not suitable for everyone at any place. So, we need to figure out which one would be the best.
We will provide you with a complete guide on how to share videos from Android to iPhone and will highlight some key factors that will make you choose the suitable one for you from a number of choices.
Let us discuss in detail the methods to share videos from Android to iPhone without wasting our time.
Videos are generally larger files compared to other sharing content. That is why most often, sharing videos becomes a challenging thing as the quality of the video might drop while sending from Android to iPhone.
We are going to discuss 7 methods in total that might ensure a good transferring experience of videos from Android to iPhone without losing the video’s quality.
The key methods are:
- Transferring through cloud-based services
- Transferring using a computer
- Transferring via Move to iOS app
- Transferring via social media
- Transferring using third-party apps
- Transferring via Email
- Transferring by SD cards
Let us get into detail.
Cloud-based service providers allow the user to store their data and contents in their online servers and let them access those whenever they need.
Renowned cloud-based service ensures the safety of users’ privacy. Some of the renowned cloud-based services providers are Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Google Photos, Apple Photos, etc.
Most of them follow the same type of process for storing and sharing content.
We are going to discuss the steps to share videos from Android to iPhone via Google Photos and Dropbox.
Follow these steps for sharing videos:
- Open Google Photos on your Android
- There you will find all of your pictures and videos in your gallery
- Select the video or number of pictures by pressing and holding the item (There will appear tick boxes when you do so. If you want to select more than 1 video, then tap on the tick boxes that you want to select to send)
- There are a number of options that will appear. Look for the Share option at the left bottom of the screen
- Google Photos will ask for permission to access your contacts. Tap on the Allow button.
- There are a number of options that will appear, including Nearby Share, Create link, Share to apps, and your saved contact list.
- To send a video via text, select Create link and paste it into the texting app. Then send it to whomever you want to send (This method is for those who do not have an account in Google Photos).
- To send video via any social media app, select your desired app from the Share to Apps field. There, you will get the option to send it to your desired contact.
- To grant permission to send your videos to another Google account, select the contact from the top of the options list and tap on send. It will grant access to that particular video to that account and send a text to that account (You can send a number of people at once together by selecting multiple contacts while sending following this process).
Sending is accomplished now. You have successfully shared videos from an Android to iPhone.
The iPhone user will get a notification via text, social media, or email (depending upon whichever method you have chosen to send through), and the user can access the video.
If we simplify the process, the route will be Google Photos> Press and hold the video > Share > Select method > Send
That is all there is to it, and it is one of the quickest and safest ways to send videos from an Android phone to an iPhone. Though sometimes it complains that the videos get compressed and deteriorate in quality, in that case, you can use Google Drive. The steps are almost the same.
Follow these steps to send videos:
- Go to your Gallery app.
- Press and hold the particular video to select (you can select a number of videos as well)
- Some options will appear on the screen
- Tap on the Send option
- Again, the number of options will appear under the Share files via the field.
- Select Add to Dropbox from there
- Select the folder where you want to save that video
- Tap Upload here
Uploading the video to Dropbox is done. Now follow these steps to share it with an iPhone:
- Open the Dropbox app
- Go to the folder where you have saved the video
- You will see three dots beside that video
- Tap on the three-dot symbol ( ⋮ )
- There you will find 3 options named Copy link, Share, and Export
- Copy the link and paste it into a texting app to send to the desired contact if that person does not have a Dropbox account. Dropbox will generate a link that will enable any person to access that content whether they have a Dropbox account or not.
- Go to the Share option and enter an email address if you want to share the link via email, and specify whether they can only view or edit it. Then tap on the Share option again.
- Tap on the Export option if you are willing to share the video via other apps. You will get a list of apps through which you can send the video to the iPhone user. Just tap on the app and Send.
Sharing via Dropbox is accomplished.
The iPhone user will get a notification via text, email, or the app to which you have sent (depending upon the method you have selected to send through) and can access and download the video from there.
If we simplify the process, the route will be Gallery > Press and Hold > Send > Share files via > Add to Dropbox> Select folder > Upload here > Dropbox app > Opening the folder > 3 dot symbol (⋮) > Select option > Send
If you think that using cloud-based services might deteriorate the video quality. So, how to send high-quality videos from Android to iPhone?
In this type of scenario, we will suggest you go for a transfer method through the computer.
To share videos via connecting to a computer, you would need to install an app first for an intermediary in the whole transferring process to make it easy.
Otherwise, you can also go through the manual method.
We are going to discuss both the manual method and transferring through an intermediary app step by step here.
This is the oldest method of transferring files from one device to another.
Follow these steps for this manual method:
- Connect your Android to a computer with a USB cable
- Go to My Computer
- Go to the drive of the mobile
- Select the video you want to share
- Copy the video file
- Paste in any folder in your computer drive ( Saving on the desktop is suggested in order to find quickly)
- After that, eject the Android from the computer
- This time connect an iPhone using the same process as the Android
- Next, open the iTunes software on your Windows computer (You need to download it if you don’t have it on your computer)
- On the iTunes software, locate your iPhone in the Device section.
- After that, copy the video file from the desktop into your iTunes library.
- Next, save the file in iTunes and sync with your iPhone.
- Once that is done, eject the iPhone following the same process as the Android, and the video is now on your iPhone.
Your video transfer is done. It is one of the old-school methods and is not used nowadays that much.
If we simplify the process, the route will be Install iTunes app > Connect your Android(Via USB Cable) > My Computer > drive of the mobile > Select the video > Copy the video file > Paste in the computer drive > Eject the Android > Connect an iPhone > Copy the video file > Paste the file to iTunes Folder> Paste > Eject the iPhone.
Let us discuss the modern method, which is using an intermediary app for sending videos from iPhone to Android or from Android to iPhone.
This Android File Transfer App is an app developed by Android for transferring files.
This can be used to transfer videos from Android to iPhone.
Follow these steps:
- First, install the Android File Transfer app on your Mac
- Now connect the Android phone to your Mac via a USB cable
- Then go to the Android drive
- Then, go to the DCIM folder or any other folder where the video is saved.
- Select the video
- Drag it to a folder on your Mac
- Now eject the Android
- Connect the iPhone to the Mac
- Open Finder (for macOS Catalina) or iTunes (for macOS Mojave or earlier)
- Sync the videos to your iPhone
- Now tick the checkbox on the videos you are willing to transfer
- Eject the iPhone after completion
That is all. Video transferring from your Android to iPhone via Android File Transfer is done.
The Move to iOS is an Android app developed by Apple to transfer data, files, images, videos, contacts, or any other things from other devices (such as Androids) to your new iPhone.
- Keep the devices near each other.
- Keep the WiFi turned on on the Android phone.
- Make sure to forget other WiFi available networks; otherwise, the transfer may get canceled.
You need to follow these steps to transfer via Move to iOS app:
Step 1: Set up your new iPhone to import data from your Android phone
First, you need to place both your new iPhone and Android close together. Then turn on your new iPhone, and from the Quick Start screen, tap on the Set Up Manually option. After that, continue to follow onscreen instructions. Next, on the Apps & Data screen, tap on the Move Data from Android option.
Step 2: Install and open the Move to iOS app on Android
By this point, the Move to iOS app should already be installed on your Android phone. Once that is done, open the app. Then tap on Continue and Agree to their terms and conditions.
Step 3: Move from Android screen on your iPhone
Next, on your iPhone, you need to tap on Continue when you encounter the Move from Android screen. After that, a code will appear on your screen.
Step 4: Enter that code on your Android phone
The six-digit or ten-digit code that appeared on your iPhone, enter that on your Android phone.
Step 5: Connect to a temporary WiFi
Once you enter that code, your iPhone will create a temporary WiFi network. So, on your Android phone, connect to this WiFi network.
Step 6: Data Transfer screen
After connecting to the temporary WiFi network, wait for the Data Transfer screen to appear on your Android phone. Then, select all the content that you want to transfer. Once you’ve selected the videos and other files that you want to send, tap on Continue. After that, you might need to wait a while as the transfer process can take some time.
Step 7: Final process
Once the files are transferred to your iPhone, tap on Done on your Android phone. After that, follow the onscreen instructions on your iPhone to finish the setup instructions.
Congratulations, you have successfully transferred a video from Android to iPhone.
But this process is not usually recommended as it usually gets used when you are setting up a new iPhone. Because this process usually erases all the data from the phone.
That is why this method is not recommended, though you can follow this process.
This is the most used method by any of us. The vast majority of us use social media apps to share photos and videos with our friends and family.
Some of the renowned social media apps that are well-known for keeping the shared content quality as original are WhatsApp, Telegram, Discord, Facebook Messenger, etc.
Let us discuss the WhatsApp, Telegram, and Discord Sending process here.
- Open the WhatsApp on your Android phone
- Select the contact you want to send to
- There is an attachment symbol below (besides the camera sign)
- Tap on the Attachment Symbol
- Now select Gallery
- Now select the target video
- There is a send button at the bottom right corner
- Tap the Send button
It is done. Sending the video is accomplished.
- Open the Telegram app on the Android
- There is a contact list button at the bottom left of the screen
- Tap on the contact list button
- The list of your Telegram contacts will appear on the screen
- Select the contact you want to send to
- There is an attachment symbol below (besides the microphone sign)
- Tap on the Attachment Symbol
- Now select Gallery
- Now select the target video
- There is a send button at the bottom right corner
- Tap the Send button
- Open the Discord app on your Android
- At the top left corner of the screen, there is a text symbol
- Tap on the Text symbol to message the person you are willing to send
- Tap on the Contact ID
- At the left bottom corner, there is a “+” icon
- Tap on the “+” icon
- Select the target video from here
- Tap on the Send button
It is all done. That is how you can send videos from an Android to iPhone without deteriorating the quality of the video.
There are many third-party apps available in the Android Play Store and Apple App Store.
Some of the renowned sharing apps are SHAREit, Xender, AnyShare, etc.
All of them support file transfers from Android to iPhone and from iPhone to Android phone.
All of those apps follow almost the same type of operating process. Let us describe the general process of using those third-party apps to transfer videos from Android to iPhone.
- Install the File transferring apps (like SHAREit, Xender, etc.) through the Play Store.
- Now, launch the app
- Provide necessary access permissions
- Select Send/Transfer
- Select the video file
- The app will create a temporary hotspot for sharing
- Bring the iPhone near the Android
- Follow the same process through the App Store to install the same transferring app on your iPhone.
- Launch it and tap Receive.
- Now, an icon of the nearby iPhone will show on the display of the Android
- Tap on the icon
- Give the permission to transfer the file from the iPhone
- Wait a while until the transfer process is complete
That is all. Through this process, you can easily share videos from Android to iPhone, maintaining the good quality resolution of the video.
Anyone can use email to send files from one device to another. It does not depend on what operating system you are using. It is a universal one.
But the main problem in this case is the file you are going to send via email has a certain file size limit. The file size limit is 25 MB. This indicates that you cannot send any file exceeding the size of the file 25 MB.
If the size of the file is within the 25 MB limit, then it is okay to send it through email; otherwise, you have to look for other methods mentioned in this article.
You can keep your videos on the SD card in your Android phone, eject the card from the device, and then insert it into an iPhone. The files and videos within the SD card are accessible there on the iPhone.
But this process is an old-school one. No one uses this method anymore. This process is a hassle and is not efficient as well.
So, look for the other methods and omit this one.
We have discussed 7 methods in this article. But certainly, you will not follow all of the methods to transfer video from Android to iPhone.
You need to choose among those methods.
Let us highlight some key factors that will help you to decide which one to follow for transferring videos from Android to iPhone.
You need to figure out first if both of the operating systems (Android and iOS) are compatible with the process.
The methods mentioned in this article are all compatible with both operating systems.
When transferring videos from an Android phone to an iPhone, it’s important to consider which method is most commonly used by others. This method likely has its benefits and is regularly updated to ensure a smooth transfer process.
You need to choose the method that has the easiest operation mode. Difficult functions might make things hazy.
Choosing the easiest operating methods will give you a chance to transfer videos and other files fluently within a matter of time.
You need to choose the most convenient method among all of the methods.
If you have a USB cable and a computer, transferring videos from an Android phone to an iPhone is a convenient method. You can use intermediary apps to facilitate the transfer process.
The method that is more efficient is a must factor to consider. An efficient method will utilize your time, quality of resources, and the process of the whole thing within a comparatively short time.
So, choosing an efficient method is crucial.
Why can’t I send videos from my Android to my iPhone?
The possible reasons might be:
- Oversized video files: Usually, sending videos through email or any third-party software might have a file size limitation. If you cross the file size limit, the medium will not allow you to send videos from Android to iPhone.
- Unstable Network: If there is any network error or the network connection among the devices becomes weak during the transferring process, the sharing process might collapse. A stable network is a must to share videos from Android to iPhone without any complications.
- Selecting Suitable App: Some apps might not be compatible with sharing files between Android and iPhone. They might work well between iPhone to iPhone or Android to Android but might malfunction or not function at all when transferring from Android to iPhone.
- Compatibility of the Video Format: If the video file format is not suitable for the iPhone, then the file will be shared from the Android to the iPhone but will not function at all. Usually, MP4, M4V, and MOV formats are compatible with iPhones.
To prevent blurring in a video broadcast to another device:
- When exporting or recording, use a higher resolution.
- Limit your compression.
- Direct file transfer is used to send the video.
- Make use of reliable, fast access to the web.
- Minimize editing and exporting.
- While recording, try to avoid over-zooming.
- Before sending it in, check the video’s quality.
You might notice some quality loss if you send videos using iMessage because it employs compression. However, the degree of quality loss may differ based on elements like the video’s length and the messaging platform’s compression settings.
At the very end of the article, we discussed around 7 methods on how to share videos from Android to iPhone. We have provided a complete guide on how to choose among the 7 methods that will be the best one for you and have discussed how to send videos from Android to iPhone without losing quality.
In our opinion, the best option would be using Google Photos for video sharing from Android to iPhone. If you are trying to avoid any cloud-based service, then transferring via the Android File Transfer application would be the suitable one for any kind of user.
Otherwise, you can casually use any of the social media apps for video sharing. But, the previously mentioned methods ensure the best video-sharing quality. The rest of the decision depends upon you.
So, I wish you a good time sharing your moments through videos among friends, overcoming all the boundaries.